Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may or may not be true.

It depends on how many senior list spots we have, not total.

We may be eligible to use all 6 picks if only 32 of our list are on the senior list.

We won't, of course, but the AFL will allow it.
Mark McKenzie confirmed we'd take 4 spots to the draft in the interview with i think Hawks insiders last week

Mark McKenzie confirmed we'd take 4 spots to the draft in the interview with i think Hawks insiders last week
Whether that means we're only eligible to use our first 4 picks may be a different matter though...

It's all in the wording

Last edited:
Anyone know many father sons/academy prospects are projected to finish high in next years draft?

If the number is high, that would consolidate my endorsement of trading out F1 for Pick 8 this year :)

Last edited:

But we may only have collateral for 3 players?
Pick 4, McCabe and Dear?

Unless Dear is not bid on until quite late and leaves us a pick with say 49?

Anyone know many father sons/academy prospects are projected to finish high in next years draft?

If the number is high, that would consolidate my endorsement of trading out F1 for Pick 8 this year :)
Christian Moraes I believe is tied to us via an academy bid which should be after the top 20 by 2024.

Not sure he will last that long though, as being rated a late a first round pick already.

But we may only have collateral for 3 players?
Pick 4, McCabe and Dear?

We have as many picks as unused spots on our list. Teams are given picks until they pass or their list is filled.

We probably won’t take Dear until we have to match another bid and hope he slides to the Rookie draft.

Christian Moraes I believe is tied to us via an academy bid which should be after the top 20 by 2024.

Not sure he will last that long though, as being rated a late a first round pick already.
Are they changing it from after top 40 to after top 20next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much more attractive FA list than this years crop. Quite a few talls worth throwing some bucks at.
Mainly because they're not available for 2 years. Most will sign deals before then, and by the time the free agency period rolls around we'll be left with Ed Richards and Cam Rayner.

Don't see the point in getting excited for free agents 24 months away from actually being able to get them.

The only real wait and see from that group is Balta IMO. Richmond will want to keep him but they may be close to a cliff which will make him look elsewhere, others like Bont, Taylor, Andrews, Weitering etc are all way too embedded in their relative clubs it'd be a miracle for them to look elsewhere. They're all in leadership groups, and/or at either currently good or rising clubs.

Don't see the point in getting excited for free agents 24 months away from actually being able to get them.

The only real wait and see from that group is Balta IMO. Richmond will want to keep him but they may be close to a cliff which will make him look elsewhere, others like Bont, Taylor, Andrews, Weitering etc are all way too embedded in their relative clubs it'd be a miracle for them to look elsewhere. They're all in leadership groups, and/or at either currently good or rising clubs.
Yeah I misread and thought they were becoming FA end of 2024. Still worth throwing some big offers out there to see if anything shakes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back