Discussion Transparency in beez voting - S28 edition

Should Beez votes be made public?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that the voting deadline has passed , I’m getting in early and building on this excellent thread from last season . This is not just a call for transparency , but also a call for people to post their beez votes . I’ll return to this thread after beez night to post mine in the name of #integrity
Wow, what a night.

As always plenty of controversy and good conversation generated from the annual BEEZ count.

I want to congratulate all that made the top 20 and to all those who voted.

In this day of transparency though I think we need to draw a line in the sand to stop all of the speculation and innuendo. It is now put up or shut up time. In this day where our pollies are under public scrutiny as well as high paid exec’s it is time for full disclosure in the SFA.

This is a simple thread, I am proposing that Cloud_ make public all votes from the BEEZ count along with the name of the poster who provided them so that we can promote fact over speculation. If this vote suggests that the masses want to see this let’s then uncover if people did vote along party lines or if all followed the rules of the vote.

Please vote in the above and make the SFA great again.

Power to the people!

Last edited:

1. TheInjuryFactory
2. Natural Disaster
3. Tony Lynn 15
4. Barrybran
5. I Dont Care
6. AceAndy
7. Test Tickle
8. Far Kern
9. The Filth Wizard
10. Firestarter
11. JoshWoodenspoon
12. Norma Lee Ava
13. Manangatang
14. Kohphi
15. TJASTA
16. WaynesWorld19
17. Callums Guns
18. Dingster
19. Agent93
20. Elton Johns Wig

*Disclaimer: these are clearly not my votes because I would not have put Barrybran nor TJASTA in my top 20.

1. TheInjuryFactory
2. Natural Disaster
3. Tony Lynn 15
4. Barrybran
5. I Dont Care
6. AceAndy
7. Test Tickle
8. Far Kern
9. The Filth Wizard
10. Firestarter
11. JoshWoodenspoon
12. Norma Lee Ava
13. Manangatang
14. Kohphi
15. TJASTA
16. WaynesWorld19
17. Callums Guns
18. Dingster
19. Agent93
20. Elton Johns Wig

*Disclaimer: these are clearly not my votes because I would not have put Barrybran nor TJASTA in my top 20.

Mate to be fair there was no need for the disclaimer...most stopped reading in disgust when you had me at 3.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. TheInjuryFactory
2. Natural Disaster
3. Tony Lynn 15
4. Barrybran
5. I Dont Care
6. AceAndy
7. Test Tickle
8. Far Kern
9. The Filth Wizard
10. Firestarter
11. JoshWoodenspoon
12. Norma Lee Ava
13. Manangatang
14. Kohphi
15. TJASTA
16. WaynesWorld19
17. Callums Guns
18. Dingster
19. Agent93
20. Elton Johns Wig

Wow.

Now that the voting deadline has passed , I’m getting in early and building on this excellent thread from last season . This is not just a call for transparency , but also a call for people to post their beez votes . I’ll return to this thread after beez night to post mine in the name of #integrity

I don't mind a bit of integrity on toast myself.

I am happy enough to disclose my votes after the beez night. There will be much commonality between the lists of submitted votes. I am curious about the total number of posters who received votes. I expect it will be quite high. I hope the number is published.

When asked if I would provide votes, I initially thought no that it was not right for a Rookie to offer a view. Then on reflection I realised the Award is for this Season and not a multi season Award.

I started the exercise like a complete Nerd and began writing rationales for each person I was considering voting for. That was soon jettisoned and the rationales deleted.

1. TheInjuryFactory
2. Natural Disaster
3. Tony Lynn 15
4. Barrybran
5. I Dont Care
6. AceAndy
7. Test Tickle
8. Far Kern
9. The Filth Wizard
10. Firestarter
11. JoshWoodenspoon
12. Norma Lee Ava
13. Manangatang
14. Kohphi
15. TJASTA
16. WaynesWorld19
17. Callums Guns
18. Dingster
19. Agent93
20. Elton Johns Wig

I could tell this was fake because you wouldn’t have sent me those beautiful flowers with the congratulations note on winning the BEEZ if you didn’t have me at 1

Barrybran as an FYI only 6 posters from my S23 votes made it into my S28 top 20, most of them significantly lower.

You were such a good rookie, when did you become such a bore?

He choked on bathwater?

1. Honey
2. Bumble
3. Plasterer
4. Mason
5. Leafcutter
6. Long horned
7. Wool Carder
8. Mining
9. Flower
10. B2
11. B1

Bźzzzzzzzźzzzzzzzzzz

Then on reflection I realised the Award is for this Season and not a multi season Award.

I started the exercise like a complete Nerd and began writing rationales for each person I was considering voting for. That was soon jettisoned and the rationales deleted.
Technically yes but going by others’ votes in other seasons - people are still swayed by other seasons and are often harsh on the rookies and lenient on regulars who may have actually been more awol than previous seasons .

Haha I did the same

Technically yes but going by others’ votes in other seasons - people are still swayed by other seasons and are often harsh on the rookies and lenient on regulars who may have actually been more awol than previous seasons .

Haha I did the same
Votes will always go to people who technically haven’t done a lot in the current season. To actually not just pick posters you know and like you have to troll through the seasons pages and threads to figure out who is active and contributing for this season.

Bloody hard work and why it is more a popularity vote for many who pick what they know and like built up over time, not necessarily strong in the current season.

Good thing is it adds to the controversy and gives us more to get on our fantasy soap boxes to rage about.

Back