Goo Trent Cotchin retires, the equal most successful captain of the modern era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone from the old Sportal forums remember 'Strauchanie'.

OP sounds exactly like Strauchanie.....if you didn't agree a Richmond player was the best evah, you were a hater and a troll and just being bitter and jealous.
Hell yes, and Mary and Sunshine....

and a few others that are on here

Lol

Cotchin is not much better as a player than Wayne Campbell or Matty Knights, he lucked out captaining 3 flags (2 against mediocre opposition in The Crows and Giants too)

Doesn't make him an all time great.
I'd take Matty Knights out of those 3.

Did you tip Richmond to beat Adelaide (Adelaide were the favourites) and GWS?

Maybe you could say they were mediocre on the day next time? Like we were in 2013, it happens.

I'd take Matty Knights out of those 3.

Did you tip Richmond to beat Adelaide (Adelaide were the favourites) and GWS?

Maybe you could say they were mediocre on the day next time? Like we were in 2013, it happens.

I was happy when Richmond won the 2017 flag (for my late friend Deano who was a massive Tiger fan for life)

Had big money on the Crows that day though !

Was hoping GWS would win in 2019 but clearly they played their GF against Collingwood the week before.

Was mainly neutral in 2020 (didn't care either way)

Yeah time to ignore blaisee when he's trying to ruin what should be a celebration.

I'm not sure too many expected Cotchin to develop into the hard nosed, inspirational captain (he was always a great talent) that he did, but he certainly achieved that. He stepped up and lead a tough midfield and overall side through a successful era. Deserves every bit of celebration and probably hasn't received enough kudos for what he brought to the table.

When he was drafted, his leadership qualities were one of the big plusses for him, and he wasn't at Richmond long before he had the 'future captain' tag (indeed, he was still pretty young when he was made the captain).

If you'd looked at it at the start of his career, 'hard nosed' might have been be debatable, but I think 'inspirational captain' was always considered highly likely.

When he was drafted, his leadership qualities were one of the big plusses for him, and he wasn't at Richmond long before he had the 'future captain' tag (indeed, he was still pretty young when he was made the captain).

If you'd looked at it at the start of his career, 'hard nosed' might have been be debatable, but I think 'inspirational captain' was always considered highly likely.

Um that’s not true, he grew into a leader at Richmond

I was happy when Richmond won the 2017 flag (for my late friend Deano who was a massive Tiger fan for life)

Had big money on the Crows that day though !

Was hoping GWS would win in 2019 but clearly they played their GF against Collingwood the week before.

Was mainly neutral in 2020 (didn't care either way)

Lol

You have been triggered since we won in 2017

Can’t think straight , proof is in your posting

Ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do these threads have to be a pissing contest of My Captain's better than Your Captain? Why does there even have to be a best ever? Let's just celebrate the champions of the game. Not sure how much of Voss you saw but he comparison is actually a great one. Both triple premiership captains, both took over the captaincy when their clubs were basket cases and led by example, bringing their teammates with them, both Brownlow medallists, and I wouldn't go questioning Vossy's skills. They were pretty bloody good. Cotch has been a shadow of his best this year but jeez, his leadership out there will be missed.
this is the kind of direspect I was expecting unfortunately

Trent was one of the few modern day footballers that was elite in both skill, completely ambidextrous and as hard as a cats head

The only other modern day footballers that was close to his level was Micheal Voss and Hodge,
Voss was not as skillful as Cotchin though, but was just as hard
Hodge was as skillful and as hard, but was not a midfielder
can't think of another player that had both those attributes at his elite level

this is the kind of direspect I was expecting unfortunately

Trent was one of the few modern day footballers that was elite in both skill, completely ambidextrous and as hard as a cats head

The only other modern day footballers that was close to his level was Micheal Voss and Hodge,
Voss was not as skillful as Cotchin though, but was just as hard
Hodge was as skillful and as hard, but was not a midfielder
can't think of another player that had both those attributes at his elite level
Noah balta?

Why do these threads have to be a pissing contest of My Captain's better than Your Captain? Why does there even have to be a best ever? Let's just celebrate the champions of the game. Not sure how much of Voss you saw but he comparison is actually a great one. Both triple premiership captains, both took over the captaincy when their clubs were basket cases and led by example, bringing their teammates with them, both Brownlow medallists, and I wouldn't go questioning Vossy's skills. They were pretty bloody good. Cotch has been a shadow of his best this year but jeez, his leadership out there will be missed.

POST OF THE THREAD, IF NOT YEAR !!!

I will admit I may have probably sold Cotchin short a bit in this thread, but Vossy hands down is easily in my top 10 players I have ever seen in my lifetime, frankly he was robbed of the Norm Smith in the 2002 GF (where his will power and leadership got the Lions over the line against a very strong and brave Collingwood)

Have yet to see a better/more inspiring on field leader/captain since Vossy tbh

POST OF THE THREAD, IF NOT YEAR !!!

I will admit I may have probably sold Cotchin short a bit in this thread, but Vossy hands down is easily in my top 10 players I have ever seen in my lifetime, frankly he was robbed of the Norm Smith in the 2002 GF (where his will power and leadership got the Lions over the line against a very strong and brave Collingwood)

Have yet to see a better/more inspiring on field leader/captain since Vossy tbh

This is not about comparing Voss and Cotchin as players

It’s about comparing them as leaders

Very similar , if only you could put aside your hatred to see that and you envy that you drafted kruzer instead of him

You need to be better

Keep the retirement threads to the team forum.

Pointless to expect anything here. Because you know, the internet.

Onya Trent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back