Goo Trent Cotchin retires, the equal most successful captain of the modern era.

Remove this Banner Ad

A special mention to Brooke who has been a great support for Trent especially in the hard times when moronic journos and bigfooty nuff nuffs went after him and her.
She has been abused by incels on bigfooty for standing by her man. Shame on all the women haters and those that called Trent a cuck.
How dare she support her husband.

Last edited:
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
What's wrong with the OP's post exactly?

Change the title FFS. Great way to put every neutral supporter off and take away from what should be a celebratory thread. Take your baiting to the bay.

A great career, a great leader and a great player. I will be forever grateful for the joy that man helped bring to my life from 2017. Out of nowhere too. What a ride. Thanks Cotch :thumbsu:
The OP is simply stating facts and putting Trent's career in historical context. What's wrong with that?

Funny that, given you Richmond flogs ruined the mainboard Lance Franklin retirement thread by making it all about Dusty.

Hope you Tiger flogs learnt a valuable lesson in all of this (alas not holding my breath)
Lesson being big footy will always be an
incel hangout with a thin layer of vaguely talking about footy?

I did not post nor look at the Franklin thread, so have no idea how true your statement is. Regardless, using that as an excuse to detail this thread is pretty weak.

'Someone was a flog in another thread who goes for the team that this retiring guy played for... that means I should be a flog!"

The big footy guide to life.

As I said before, if this is the standard, this is the standard.

Pitty a thread about Cotchin's retirement becomes a bay 13 internet shitfest.

It's fine if this is the standard, but please admins don't cry foul next time some other player retires and no respect is shown.
This every time. Cotch is one of the most decorated players in the game today and the usual anti-Richmond trolls flood the thread, which did start with a poor OP.

Mods do nothing. Hopeless.

I honestly don't understand the hype. This is Joel Selwood or Jim Stynes all over again (except Cotch wasn't an ankle tapper like Stynes or a ducking flog like Selwood).

Decent skilled player, unremarkable captain, fit and fair.

I honestly believe the leadership at Richmond was shared: the soldierly Riewoldt (by golly he' a champ), the utterly honest Vlastuin and Houli, the big game monster Dusty, there are many many more before Cotchin comes to mind. Honestly, I used to forget he was their captain.

Guys like Rance and Cotchin were glossy and smooth at best, and strangely ineffective at worst, at least when they played the Pies.

Good luck to him and clubs can honour who they like but to an outsider he's not even top 5 for ability or value in those great sides.

Something that doesn't get mentioned much if at all is he grew up relatively poor compared to most players. Grew up in Reservoir/Wollert which is marginally above Melton level. Good effort to get from there to triple premiership captain

Good luck to him and clubs can honour who they like but to an outsider he's not even top 5 for ability or value in those great sides.
Playing ability he wouldn't be, value he'd be 1 or 2, it just depends on which way you want to look at it.

At your club Grundy was top 5 for ability when you guys signed him up to a big deal to stop him from going home to Adelaide, but when he had no value to Collingwood he had to end up at Melbourne, where he can now listen to people say that Melbourne goes better without him. I'm just glad that Cotchin didn't go out like that, or like Treloar for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing ability he wouldn't be, value he'd be 1 or 2, it just depends on which way you want to look at it.

At your club Grundy was top 5 for ability when you guys signed him up to a big deal to stop him from going home to Adelaide, but when he had no value to Collingwood he had to end up at Melbourne, where he can now listen to people say that Melbourne goes better without him. I'm just glad that Cotchin didn't go out like that, or like Treloar for that matter.
Richmond is going out past his use by date no doubt, and I like that Richmond showed him loyalty by doing so. Not sure what Grundy and Treloar have to do with him, neither is lauded as a leader or their clubs top 3 players.

Grundy is a fine athlete and footballer no doubt, I would say better than Cotchin and as a ruckmen deserving a higher wage, but he has worse management. Treloar's injuries have limited his chances but he's a decent midfielder, at least as god as Cotchin when fit.

Not trolling, I accept I saw Cotchin only 3-4 times a year so my view is very incomplete. He never pooed the bed in a Grand Final or anything reprehensible, and he was fair no doubt, I just never saw him dominate a game or display top tier ability at anything.

This every time. Cotch is one of the most decorated players in the game today and the usual anti-Richmond trolls flood the thread, which did start with a poor OP.

Mods do nothing. Hopeless.

Would have gone far better if OP didn't sledge Voss and Hodge from the get go.

Would have gone far better if OP didn't sledge Voss and Hodge from the get go.
So what if he did, it got you guys to say what you really think about Cotchin, and there's nothing wrong with saying what you really think, it's better than pretending to be a nice guy by writing nice comments about a player you think so little of. You can only hope that the people commenting saw him more than 3-4 times a year though.

Starting at a time when we were struggling , getting criticised all the time and then leasing the club to 3 flags makes him the greatest captain of all time imo.
Also a Brownlow medalist as well. He has done it all.
In all fairness to Trent, he did seem to sacrifice his game for the good of the team in later years.
Plenty of FIGJAMs in the AFL wouldn't have done that.

A battler that excelled by having better players around him. Probably wouldn't have won a Brownlow if he didn't have the likes of Ben Nason to learn from in the early stage of his career.

A special mention to Brooke who has been a great support for Trent especially in the hard times when moronic journos and bigfooty nuff nuffs went after him and her.
She has been abused by incels on bigfooty for standing by her man. Shame on all the women haters and those that called Trent a cuck.
How dare she support her husband.
Isn't Clint Bartram the cuck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back