Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Oct 1, 2001
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BH, SAS, BRFC, MVFC.
Funny how in 2001 Croad was sacrificed so we could keep Rawlings, Thompson, Hay, Holland and Barker together. Now Thommo is still underperforming at North, Hay is still putting out of games, Rawlings is past his retirement date, Holland is gone and Barker is well... injured still.

After all that Croad is going to be the one finishing his career a Hawk and quite comfortably the best player out of that selection of talls.

Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell and Trent Croad. Thanks Freo.

Wish I could.

In all seriousness, they waited till the last minute to make a decision on him and decided he was worth one more year.

mattyc2422 said:
. Now Thommo is still underperforming at North,

Played in more winning games in 2005 than Croad has in 2004,2005 & 2006 combined.

After all that Croad is going to be the one finishing his career a Hawk and quite comfortably the best player out of that selection of talls.

And I am sure it makes him all warm and fuzzy that he has another season of losing to look forward to, while Clarko aims to 'recruit' a few more top 3 picks for his 2013 premership team - at which time Croad will probably have been traded on by the Hawks who deem he doesn't fit their plans anymore.

They know how to treat them down at Hawthorn.

mattyc2422 said:
Funny how in 2001 Croad was sacrificed so we could keep Rawlings, Thompson, Hay, Holland and Barker together. Now Thommo is still underperforming at North, Hay is still putting out of games, Rawlings is past his retirement date, Holland is gone and Barker is well... injured still.

Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell and Trent Croad. Thanks Freo.

Hehehe, more excuses for poor management?

We will see what happens when Franklin, Roughhead, etc expect to be paid like elite footballers rather than be paid like rookies, you will be in the same boat in a few years time when you are forced to balance up your good players with your servicable players and your hacks.

You guys still have a bunch of hacks still at the club, Barker heading the list. The difference is Hay and Thompson had market value, Barker doesn't. It is the only reason he is still at the Hawks, because nobody is interested in a guy that struggles to play 5 games a year.

Tas said:
Hehehe, more excuses for poor management?

We will see what happens when Franklin, Roughhead, etc expect to be paid like elite footballers rather than be paid like rookies, you will be in the same boat in a few years time when you are forced to balance up your good players with your servicable players and your hacks.

You guys still have a bunch of hacks still at the club, Barker heading the list. The difference is Hay and Thompson had market value, Barker doesn't. It is the only reason he is still at the Hawks, because nobody is interested in a guy that struggles to play 5 games a year.

J.Barker new nickname, TAMPON = In for 1, out for 4!!!! :eek:

Tas said:
Not quite. Barker was out of contract at the end of 2005 so your point about trading him isn't valid. He was offering a 1 year cheapo deal in the hope he comes good.

mattyc2422 said:
Not quite. Barker was out of contract at the end of 2005 so your point about trading him isn't valid. He was offering a 1 year cheapo deal in the hope he comes good.

Why would your club be worried about money when 80% of your squad should be on near minimum payments? You have to pay someone up to the minimum cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as handy as the combination of Hodge, Mitchell and Croad.

and McPharlin was a little sooky la la who couldn't handle being away from his mum and couldn't self-manage his injuries.

Tas said:

And Jon Hay isn't a hack? The only people who thought Jon Hay had any value was North, and look what he did in his first game. I wouldn't expect too much out of J. Hay.

Allears said:
J.Barker new nickname, TAMPON = In for 1, out for 4!!!! :eek:

Would've been funnier if you got it correct. In for 1, out for 3.

sabre_ac said:
*Sigh*

How pathetic.

One of your clubs better players sign a new contract and your only contribution to the thread is a swipe at another club......

Huh! stealing players is Freo's forte.

Good on you Croady. Love ya son.

So nice to hear from the Nork Hawk cheer squad again

The Zebra said:
They know how to treat them down at Hawthorn.
Yep. They sign the good ones for 3 years and pay them good money.
Tas said:
you will be in the same boat in a few years time...
But at least we'll be sailing around Port Phillip Bay and not Sanctuary Cove.

Speak not of what you know nothing.

Utterly stupid to speak of tampons. Not funny. Can I speak of small penises? Prostate cancer and the finger up the arse? Thought not. So don't speak ill of the women you love.

DynamoUltra said:
And Jon Hay isn't a hack? The only people who thought Jon Hay had any value was North, and look what he did in his first game. I wouldn't expect too much out of J. Hay.

What did he do in his first game? Other than getting a cheap 50m penalty against him for touching a player his man kicked 2 goals after that and he shut him out for 3 quarters.

Well, given we conceeded 8 goals to a very average footballer the following week when he had the flu then I can't wait for the hack to come back in this week.

We will see how many goals Rocca kicks on Hay, somehow I dont think it is going to be a Dawson-like hack fest. Do all Roccas love playing the Hawks? I thought it was just Sav...

Chewy said:
But at least we'll be sailing around Port Phillip Bay and not Sanctuary Cove.

I highly recommend Sanctuary Cove if you plan to go sailing.

Tas said:
We will see how many goals Rocca kicks on Hay, somehow I dont think it is going to be a Dawson-like hack fest. Do all Roccas love playing the Hawks? I thought it was just Sav...

A couple of old proverbs for you, Tas:

Make hay while the sun shines and let sleeping dogs lie... :thumbsu:

Tas said:
I highly recommend Sanctuary Cove if you plan to go sailing.

It'd be too crowded there. I think I'll stay home. Maybe spend a weekend in Tassie.

Tas said:

Just hope for your sakes that he decides to play and doesn't dog the contest with another headache or head cold.

CyberKev said:
Just hope for your sakes that he decides to play and doesn't dog the contest with another headache or head cold.

Why do i get the feeling that Hawks fans will be saying the same crap about Croad in a couple of years after Hawthorn have offloaded him.......again?

Classy player management down at Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back