Opinion Why is Trent Cotchin hated by so many ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is my memory poor, or have all of Cotchin, Franklin and Goodes had periods of time where they have been utter protected species with the MRP/Tribunal

I don't dislike him, but this was my understanding of the angst towards him was his luck at the MRP.

I think it’s those few moments where he took people out in pretty wreckless plays where it looked pretty obvious he was attempting to injure them. Similar to how the Adam Goodes booing started when he was sliding in taking out peoples knees.

But Cotchin wasn’t consistently doing that like others did so it’s pretty unwarranted to think that.

I’d say no one really hates him for his on field stuff it would be all the off field stuff, personality, his wife etc.

Anyone that has a big lack of relatability to a common person or rubs their wealth in your face are often disliked by large members of society. Ironically, that person often can’t understand why they’re disliked either, similar to the OP here.

I hate that Richmond supporters talk him up as a champion of the game because he happened to captain a very good team.

He is an A-B grade player who had one elite season. A club champion who their supporters should be proud of, but let’s not act like he’s some superstar.
The thing I love most about cotchs story is the fact the blues could have drafted him and instead went kruezer. Still makes me smile.

..... Ummm Barry hall punched a guy who wasn't looking.

It's more like because those guys looked ugly and scary, whilst cotch obviously doesn't look scary, yet he is tough, so oppo minds like yours are confused
Barry Hall boxed as well and belted blokes who were looking

Hall was intimidating

Cotchin isn't intimidating anyone.

No hate from me. He gave us one of the all time classic blunders, the most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less known is this: never choose to kick into a 15 goal breeze when a finals win is on the line.

The Princess Bride Laughing GIF by filmeditor

Barry Hall boxed as well and belted blokes who were looking

Hall was intimidating

Cotchin isn't intimidating anyone.
We are talking on the footy field mate. Boxer or not , king hitting a bloke who isn't looking is a far greater dog act. Yet you are sticking up for that . Just shows how delusional oppo are.
You basically just admitted that because hall has an ugly face that it's okay and it's tough 😂

We are talking on the footy field mate. Boxer or not , king hitting a bloke who isn't looking is a far greater dog act. Yet you are sticking up for that . Just shows how delusional oppo are.
You basically just admitted that because hall has an ugly face that it's okay and it's tough 😂
wtf are you on about?

Misogynistic post from a keyboard warrior.
His wife put the entire AFL season at risk by going to get Botox while the whole competition was in a bubble. She risked shutting down a billion dollar industry and one of the few bright lights of entertainment for millions of people in lockdown, because she wanted to get likes on Instagram.

She is an idiot. Calling that opinion Misogynistic is bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His wife put the entire AFL season at risk by going to get Botox while the whole competition was in a bubble. She risked shutting down a billion dollar industry and one of the few bright lights of entertainment for millions of people in lockdown, because she wanted to get likes on Instagram.

She is an idiot. Calling that opinion Misogynistic is bullshit.
Is your coach an idiot then? He's got a major gambling problem and drinks and yet he coaches young men.

Is your coach an idiot then? He's got a major gambling problem and drinks and yet he coaches young men.
Yes he is - if you search my history you will see numerous posts from me saying that Goodwin is of poor character and should not be coaching an AFL team. Some very recently, but over the past three years.

Now explain to me what that has to do with this thread and you making a goose out of yourself calling me Mysoginistic??

(Didn't go the way you expected did it, muppet.....)

Yes he is - if you search my history you will see numerous posts from me saying that Goodwin is of poor character and should not be coaching an AFL team. Some very recently, but over the past three years.

Now explain to me what that has to do with this thread and you making a goose out of yourself calling me Mysoginistic??

(Didn't go the way you expected did it, muppet.....)
Brooke is a good women. I don't see what Brooke has to do with hating Trent Cotchin.

Anyone who’s met him or know him will know he’s actually an extremely likeable person. People seem to hold a grudge because he played the GF when he should have been suspended, but if you’re after a pure likeable person, not many get better than him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back