Opinion Why is Trent Cotchin hated by so many ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell me… when an Olympic gold medallist is found to be a drug cheat what happens to the bronze medal?
🙄

Essendon’s drug cheating players polled 63 votes that year. If you strip Jobe’s votes the other 33 votes also need to be stripped, and if that happens it’s only fair that rule-abiding players get their recognition. Much like if an Olympic medallist is found to be a drug cheat then those who finished behind him/her get moved up, including 4th to 3rd and they’re duly recognised as an Olympic bronze medallist.

🙄

Essendon’s drug cheating players polled 63 votes that year. If you strip Jobe’s votes the other 33 votes also need to be stripped, and if that happens it’s only fair that rule-abiding players get their recognition. Much like if an Olympic medallist is found to be a drug cheat then those who finished behind him/her get moved up, including 4th to 3rd and they’re duly recognised as an Olympic bronze medallist.
I like this idea but you need to take it further and apply 3/2/1 to every games minus the Essendon players except for Zaharakis. The issue is there isn't an umpire back ground info sheet with other ranked options who just missed out.

Maybe ranking points or supercoach votes would work & the whole 2012 could be redone to determine the real winners.

I like this idea but you need to take it further and apply 3/2/1 to every games minus the Essendon players except for Zaharakis. The issue is there isn't an umpire back ground info sheet with other ranked options who just missed out.

Maybe ranking points or supercoach votes would work & the whole 2012 could be redone to determine the real winners.
The other option is to let the Essendon votes stand but all those found guilty of drug use are not (were not) eligible. They essentially failed the “fairest” component of “best and fairest”, much like a player convicted of striking.

Definitely a simpler solution.

I hate that Richmond supporters talk him up as a champion of the game because he happened to captain a very good team.

He is an A-B grade player who had one elite season. A club champion who their supporters should be proud of, but let’s not act like he’s some superstar.
If that's the case, Mark Murphy is a D grader.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it is because those mentioned blokes were actually tough scary blokes who might be dirty but would belt you to your face as well

Trent likes to gut punch unsuspecting players and run off
..... Ummm Barry hall punched a guy who wasn't looking.

It's more like because those guys looked ugly and scary, whilst cotch obviously doesn't look scary, yet he is tough, so oppo minds like yours are confused

Never really thought about him until the 'coin toss' saga, and never really thought about him since. If I was to describe him as a player, I would say a 'seagull with hair' comes to mind :think:
Your post shows you literally know nothing about footy

I think Richmond fans are mistaking people thinking he is overrated with hate. Saying someone is overrated is not saying you hate them.
No. You see so many random comments online bagging him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you can never really know what a player is lie normally but he gives a lot of smug prick energy.

Also he's a sniper who gets protected.
What did he do that was smug ? Smiling ?
Is it because he doesn't look like a ugly bogan yet is still tough that rubs ppl the wrong way ? 😂😂

So...if I said I didn't hate him would that alleviate your stress? o_O
You hating or not hating does not give me any stress, this is a thread to discuss this topic hence I'm replying to you ? Are you lost or something

Jealousy , bullying and gutless behaviour from keyboard warriors who are a herd of dumb sheep.
Cotchin was the main reason we rose from nowhere to become a dominant winning force to win 3 flags.
Ask Hardwick. Hardwick says the reason we became great was all due to Cotchin. He's had many players stay at his house like Dustin .
He picks up rubbish when the rooms are empty.
He's a man's man and only dickheads critisise him.
They also attack his wife because she's a strong women.
The herald-scum attacks him because his wife sells socks with positive messages.
Everyone fawns over Joel Selwood even though he played in an unsportsman like way by ducking for frees and even though he thought it was funny to mop the floor with his wife.
Cotchin wouldn't do crap like that because he respects women.

Should only be a 2 time premiership captain / player, sniper.

AFL desperate at the time to help facilitate the feel good narrative of the Tiges breaking their drought, no way was he getting suspended for the Shiel hit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back