FTA-TV TV shows prematurely cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone remembers or liked this, but I adored a show called Brimstone. It was about a dead cop who was returning souls to hell in a pact with the Devil. (My description sounds horrible so here's a better one!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone_(TV_series)

Also Pushing Daisies.

ChancesDVD.jpg

I guess it would have struggled without Abby and Luka who were two of my three favourites (the other being Dr Morris).

I started watching it on Foxtel about a year ago and got hooked, they were up to season ten so I've seen the last few seasons in their entirety (as well as the occasional episode from the first few seasons when they were first on Channel 9 in the mid-90's). I'm going to start watching again soon as they are almost up to season six which is when Maura Tierney and Goran Visnjic joined the cast and I haven't seen any of their episodes prior to season ten.

Haha I was the same!!

They started showing it on 111 Hits. I think I started at Season 11 or 12, never looked back. Am early into Season 15 at the moment, when I finish I'm going to start from the very start.

This cancelled show had its own thread - Rescue Special Ops. I can't believe this show was axed, it was the only good Australian show following the demise of City Homicide. It was interesting, exciting and engaging. Why is it gone?

Another strange axing was that of The Einstein Factor, a Sunday night quiz show on the ABC that had been successful for over 5 years. It was axed without a word, no final show, no announcement on the webpage, just a line on Wikipedia to mark its demise.

There was an example of a TV show that wasn't cancelled, but never actually came onto TV, despite being promoted by the network (from memory Channel 9).

The show was called "The Politically Incorrect Parenting Show", hosted by Nigel Latta, and was supposed to have aired in 2010. There were commercials for the show, where Latta would say things like, "If you have fat children, then it's your fault."

But so far as I know, this show never went to air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a show a couple of years ago where this guy would suddenly go back in time for no reason. I thought this was a good sci fi show, well written and acted. But it suffered because the writers strike was on.

I liked "The Gates" shame it is gone. I also like V and stargate Universe but alas sci fi shows find it hard to rate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back