Autopsy Two on the trot Swans 77 def Carlton 51

Remove this Banner Ad

I put my hand up, I didn't see this win coming.

The win came off the back of many players rediscovering some of their best form and everyone cracking in for 4 quarters.

Props to the coaches who made some adjustments to the gameplan and positions and really gave the team a different look and feel.

Heeney in the mids worked like magic. Maybe this is finally the start of Heeney being used across the ground and injected where he's needed most.
Coaches got it perfect this week.

Wicks in particular made a massive difference.

It wasn’t pretty but they got it done. As a bonus, it’s always fun to see Carlton struggle.
Wicks bought energy to the group I reckon.

Ugly win against North last week, but you could tell it meant something for the playing group that could get our year back on track. We have banked off that with a real resilient and tough performance. We wanted it more, really proud of our boys.

Defence was really calm and settled, didn't panic brought the ball to ground and got it out there cleanly. Jake Lloyd superb. All you have to do against Carlton is breakeven in the contest and use our ball movement and pressure to our advantage. Executed that really well.

Pressure was elite, it was just a game we wanted more in the end. Hunted in packs and forced the turnover well. Wicks and McLean played their roles perfectly, mclean is getting better every week really impressive.

Blakey was brilliant today, funny what happens when we have KPD back there to gain a bit of structure, we allow Blakey to roam a bit more, clutch 4th term too. No one could tackle him. Just need him to do that every week.

Chad is quietly building with some form too, Heeney worked hard in the mids, a tackling beast. Did well head to head against Cripps. 14 CP to 10 and beat him in clearance.

Disposal was a little erratic, but it was always going to be a bit of a scrap, we turned up and wanted it more. Rampe and now T McCartin after the byes, lets hope we can start to build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know him, probably hogging the limelight somewhere.

Lol

he can do what he wants

Just hope he would like to be down in the team sheds. He can tell everyone else to f off. but hope he still knows the swans community love him

Lol

he can do what he wants

Just hope he would like to be down in the team sheds. He can tell everyone else to f off. but hope he still knows the swans community love him
If he doesn't have the keys to the city he should. Can think of nobody I would rather buy a beer for. He wouldn't even have to say anything. I'd just watch him drink it.

Bet he comes down after the tv cameras piss off.

Did well when they kicked it aimlessly into the 50. Took some good grabs. A worry on a lead to proper delivery though.
His best game for sure.

I reckon Francis is ahead of Melican

If Tmac and Rampe come back they probably both go I guess

Brilliant win and I though wicks and melican really made a difference.

Was ugly but we know have a bit of momentum and hopefully Rampe back after the bye!!

Well done Swans

Turning on the Radio and popping over to the Carlton Board

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
Snapper at it again on 3AW

Carlton played 15 dominant minuts

Gulden was great then when the s**t was against us
It's funny, I was thinking that. Gulden seems to be a real barometer in the sense that if he's really prominent, it means he doesn't have enough players cracking in alongside him.

The positive in that being the case is that we know we've got a real warrior in Gulden who has the temperament to crack in when the chips are down. Just need a greater number of players who carry that mindset into matches.

Gulden's a bloody star.

A win that came from intensity and application I think. Don’t think we played phenomenally by any means, some poor structure and some poor mistakes - but they showed a mentality to dig in and not give up when they were on top.

It’s a good start to salvaging something from the season.

Blakey BOG?
Spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back