Champs Lg UEFA Champions League 2023/24 (Semi Finals) - On Stan

Champions League

Remove this Banner Ad

Haaland thinks it so that's good enough for me. If you didn't care to discuss it you could have left it there instead of the unnecessary replies that were intended to belittle my point of view. As I said I don't entirely blame you for how you interact when you perceive someone to be criticising City, but treating each discussion on its merits would be a start.

Weird.

I wouldn't call it a master class lol city battered them. Madrid held on like they were Sheffield Utd. Kdb had the game on his foot and missed it that's all. Foden aswell
Rudiger had a clear chance end of first period of ET. Scored in 12th minute playing away and then soaked it up. Well played I’d say.

Well you called my point stupid, and then weird, so it certainly felt that way. And even this post is more than a bit condescending.

I'm well aware that a squad is continuously looking to improve and that standing still is going backwards. But bringing in a striker to consolidate and focus your goal scoring in a very clear departure from Pep's previous style at City was done to achieve success in a competition you'd previously not been able to do well in. Haaland said itself, for a third time, so it's clearly not as bizarre a point as you keep trying to make it out to be.

And you won the CL last year, so perhaps it worked? And if that's good enough then that's great.
Stop, stop, he's already dead etc

there should be less onus because they went to someone else's home ground and scored, something that is viewed as more difficult and there should be a higher reward. why bother with 2 legs home and away then?
If the away goal rule still existed there’s no way it would’ve ended 3-3. The new way encourages more attacking football and much better

The scrapping of the rule has tipped the scales slightly more in favour of home sides being more attacking at the expense of away sides attacking in the first leg, and that's fine, because the away side in the first leg then gets to go home and try to get it done in front of their own fans. Makes it much more equitable and encourages the home side to try to run up a good score in the first leg without as much fear of being hit on the break and shooting themselves in the foot.

If the away goal rule still existed there’s no way it would’ve ended 3-3. The new way encourages more attacking football and much better
potentially it doesnt end 3-3 sure. it also didnt encourage madrid to come out and attack in the second leg.

Rudiger had a clear chance end of first period of ET. Scored in 12th minute playing away and then soaked it up. Well played I’d say.
Lol come on. After city had had near on 40 shots and missed multiple big opportunities. Madrid absolutely got lucky to get through. They defended well but they didn't have a shot on target after the 12th minute. That's not a masterstroke that's a hindsight result praise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t had Stan all season and will hold off for the Semi Finals as well lol. I believe the Final is on SBS (as well as Stan) this season?
Not sure about this year, but it's been on Nine GEM the last couple of years so there should be live FTA coverage of the final.

Football is such a funny game. Liverpool played as well as any team could in the final, and dominated Real. Yet Real still pulled a win out of their ass.

Man City were well in control of their game, and hammered the crap out of the goal. Only to walk away with a draw, and ultimately a penalty shoot out loss.

Real Madrid just know how win, even when they play poorly. Absolutely wall of a defense, a good GK and they capitalize on minimal opportunities.

RM will be the clear favorites now. If City cannot beat them despite a strong showing, I cannot see the others going one better.

They need to scrap extra time in my opinion. It’s always so boring and it’s not fair one team getting an extra 30 minutes at home, especially with away goals not being a thing anymore.
Maybe just have it for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back