UEFA EURO 2024 (Group Stage) - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not? England only lost to Italy in the last Euros on penalties. Outplayed France in the QF of the Qatar WC but didn't take chances.
This is England we're talking about. We won't win, which is fine. I expect Germany to be much stronger by the time the tournament rolls around, France remain contenders, and if Spain can get a natural goal-scorer, they'll be very strong too (their midfield is to die for).

Outside bets for me would be Portugal (sans Ronaldo), Croatia (ageing yet still talented squad), and the Netherlands. Very early days, but that's where I'd place the likely contenders.

This is England we're talking about. We won't win, which is fine. I expect Germany to be much stronger by the time the tournament rolls around, France remain contenders, and if Spain can get a natural goal-scorer, they'll be very strong too (their midfield is to die for).

Outside bets for me would be Portugal (sans Ronaldo), Croatia (ageing yet still talented squad), and the Netherlands. Very early days, but that's where I'd place the likely contenders.

Don't be so pessimistic. England would be one of the favourites to win the tournament. First step is to qualify. Beating Italy on their home turf for the first time in 61 years is a big deal.

Spain, Germany, Italy and Dutch all lack strikers. Poms would be second favourites behind French.

England were solid v Ukraine without being spectacular. Pickford didn't have a save to make. Saka scored a craka. Madison looks more effective than Grealish.

Roberto Di Maio made his debut for San Marino in the last round of qualifiers - at age 40. Must be running low on plumbers & salesmen to fill the team.

Played 154 matches for the club side, San Marino, but only made his debut for the national team, San Marino, at age 40. That’s interesting. 😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played 154 matches for the club side, San Marino, but only made his debut for the national team, Sam Marino, at age 40. That’s interesting. 😂

Weird that's who they are called. Play 5th division In Italy. I imagine players get paid in coffee / pizza / pasta in that league.

Weird that's who they are called. Play 5th division In Italy. I imagine players get paid in coffee / pizza / pasta in that league.
San Marino are independent from Italy but I believe it is actually in Italy. So that’s likely why the football club play in Italy.

France outclassed Ireland at times but the boys in green kept battling to the end. The only goal came when Cullen gifted the ball to Pavard on the edge of the box and he slammed it in off the crossbar. Ogbene probably Ireland's best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back