News Un-official fixture for next season (now with 2017 Official Fixture!)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-10-25/crows-to-play-for-points-in-darwin

Adelaide will play its first ever game for AFL premiership points in Darwin next season.

The Crows will clash with Melbourne at TIO Stadium under lights on Saturday July 15, in round 17 of the 2017 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

Adelaide has previously only played pre-season matches in the Northern Territory - including a game against the Indigenous All Stars in 2009.

Crows CEO Andrew Fagan said the Club welcomed news it was playing in Darwin.

"We already have strong ties to the Northern Territory through our women's football partnership and are thrilled to have an opportunity to strengthen our involvement and importantly promote the game of football as well,” he said.

“We have a genuine and meaningful presence in the central corridor which will only grow stronger in the years ahead."

Adelaide opens the 2017 season at Adelaide Oval on Sunday March 26, against GWS Giants.

The full home and away fixture for 2017 will be released by the AFL on Thursday.

Dees in Darwin? Interesting, makes it a neutral ground at least

While we're at it, can we pls have a Crows game in Tassie? :D

The leak has you playing us in the second last round at Adelaide oval and then Freo in the last round at Subi. Means for the first time in our history we'll be traveling twice in a row... which means the fixture is fake. Unless, the AFL have decided to give both WA teams the last round at home, as we'll be playing at Perth Stadium from 2018 onward.
Why would they do that? I don't think us and Port got the same treatment when we left footy park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really disappointed we are playing in Darwin. That will be one less game for Melbourne based Crow supporters. I also agree we need every game we can get at the MCG. If we get the Bulldogs in Ballarat as well I'll be even unhappier.

I'm really disappointed we are playing in Darwin. That will be one less game for Melbourne based Crow supporters. I also agree we need every game we can get at the MCG. If we get the Bulldogs in Ballarat as well I'll be even unhappier.

That wouldn't be at the MCG regardless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back