geelong16

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
yes the cats are dominating but still so much of there players i believe are underrated or going under the radar, egan, mackie, corey, enright and stokes to name a few. you watch how many times the make it into the best and brownlow votes. guys like ablett, mooney and bartel recieve all the limelight but these other players are the ones which consistenly hold our side together and many of them have been doing it years

Waters, Selwood, B Jones, Stenglein...

C Bolton, O'Keefe, Ball, Crouch...

All good sides have players who are important contributors that don't get the recognition of some of their teammates, so it's not unusual that not every Geelong player is being talked up for AA honours.

Geelong are a good side with quality evenly spread talent through the side, and are playing great footy, but it is easy to talk up the 2nd tier players when the big name superstars are all fit and firing and the side is winning.

All good sides have players who are important contributors that don't get the recognition of some of their teammates, so it's not unusual that not every Geelong player is being talked up for AA honours.

Geelong are a good side with quality evenly spread talent through the side, and are playing great footy, but it is easy to talk up the 2nd tier players when the big name superstars are all fit and firing and the side is winning.

I agree with that guy.

I reckon Matty Stokes is a little terrier and gives 110% every week.:thumbsu:
I watched him play for the Palmerston magpies in the NTFL and his team mates were the Davey Brothers.In my opinion he was better than both of them and I reckon still is but too many stars in Geelong keep him out of the limelight.

I agree with you 100%:thumbsu:

Agree also. And can the Geelong supporters please hold back on the 'how good are we' threads, or at least put them on the geelong board? Some of these threads are turning into wanc sessions for geelong fans. Can we try to keep our hands of it guys?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back