Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there were 2 reasons why people wanted Guy to win instead of Nollsy.

1: The winner's single was a pop ballad that fitted Guy more than Nollsy.
2: They wanted Nollsy to release his cover of What About Me?

Much like how, the following season, they wanted Casey Donovan to beat Anthony Callea so that Callea's first song would be his cover of The Prayer.

I had acquaintances who cared very much that guy beat nollsy. In the ensuing years they (team nollsy) enjoying mentioning that although guy won idol, nollsy is more successful and will be in straya.

lol people actually cared.
Its great to have a bit of manufactured rivalry to drive sales

Stones V Beatles
Skyhooks V Sherbert
Boy George V Marilyn
Coke V Pepsi
Weagles V Freo/ Port V Crows
Nollsy V Guy

I don’t reckon I’ve thought about Guy Sebastian since idol (that was an absolute phenomenon at the time wasnt it) aside from a passing “oh that’s guy” if battle scars or some other catchy but forgetable pop song he did came on the radio, but…

The pro vax/anti vax thing last week was straight up pathetic. I’d actually have more respect for him if he was genuinely anti vax and just stuck to that. All the absolute bullshit about knowing people who genuinely couldn’t get vaxxed losing jobs too, sure you do champ, sure you do.

I think there were 2 reasons why people wanted Guy to win instead of Nollsy.

1: The winner's single was a pop ballad that fitted Guy more than Nollsy.
2: They wanted Nollsy to release his cover of What About Me?

Much like how, the following season, they wanted Casey Donovan to beat Anthony Callea so that Callea's first song would be his cover of The Prayer.

the songs they made the winners sing and release as a single were always terrible songs (they sold because dickheads will buy anything tv tells them to)

Im tipping Guy never sings that song in any concerts he performs these days

Stones V Beatles
Skyhooks V Sherbert
Boy George V Marilyn
Coke V Pepsi
Nollsy V Guy

Call it a draw
dont care
dont care
coke. Lol not even close
dont care
def dont care.

:thumbsupv1:

the songs they made the winners sing and release as a single were always terrible songs (they sold because dickheads will buy anything tv tells them to)

Im tipping Guy never sings that song in any concerts he performs these days

Angels brought me here?

/i cant believe I can recall that.

not sure on the name or how it even goes but remember it sucked balls. Pretty sure Mark Holden wrote it as part of the deal for him being on the show.

Ding ding ding- and they're the ones who probably make all the money. Not the artists- starting out anyway.

If you could see.. what I see.... -something something something-.... that angels brought me heeeeeeeeeeere.

"You're the answer to..........my prayers."
"But if you, could feel, the tenderness I feel."

Ding ding ding- and they're the ones who probably make all the money. Not the artists- starting out anyway.

Yeah no doubt - its the whole point of the show - everyone else bar the singer make the money. I wonder how long the contract is they sign and when they can start to do their own s**t and start actually earning decent money rather than a minor %. I would guess it would be 5 years minimum. You could probably find out when Guy stopped singing his first single - surely would only sing that rubbish while contracted to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stones V Beatles
Skyhooks V Sherbert
Boy George V Marilyn
Coke V Pepsi
Nollsy V Guy

Brian vs Bon.

FWIW:

Beatles.
Skyhooks. (Mum's a fan of Skyhooks so naturally weened on them.)
George.
Neither. Water always.
Ambivalent but prefer the Derby's over the Showdowns.
Nollsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back