Movie Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi film (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors

Well of course it means something. It means Disney if they wish can bring Windu back and when all the nerds get angry and say he is dead they can say well no the creator and maker of previous trilogies has said he lives.

Disney don't care what the nerds think. The nerds like Star Wars too much to stop seeing the movies.

Do you understand how the Star Wars story group works?

Silly cartoons FFS...
The cartoons may have their merits but they also have their patently stupid ideas, like Darth Maul being alive after being chopped in half and thrown down a pit. Disney will not be bringing him back in a movie aimed at adults, particularly casual fans, because they won't wear that s**t. And thank Christ for that.

Things they could:

- afl 9’s game v jabbas goons in a GF

- He could easily go off world looking for jedi artifacts with the assistance of a force ghost liam Nelson to learn to become a force ghost.

- Maybe early on he hears rumours of darth vaders terror but cant belive it so he tracks him down from the shadows to witness a scene of Darth killing some jedis that had escaped order 66.

- would be a good chance to show some core worlds under the Empires control and this is were he might find some jedi artifacts.

I wouldn’t show the fight v mual as it might be hard not to contridict the one shown on rebels and it would seem it was tacked on at the end.

Many possible spinoffs...I'm a big Fett fan, we all loved various aspects of the EU - but this is the only spin-off that must be made. It's by far the most important story in the entire SW universe (you'd assume it's the Tatooine years) that doesn't have Episode (insert random Roman numeral) in front of it...

There's already a great comic story on it, where Darth Maul tracks down Obi-Wan, discovers all the secrets, and at the moment he's about to kill Obi-Wan he's shot dead by Owen Lars, who then tells Obi-Wan to gtf off his property...actually, maybe we don't need a movie after all...!

I'd rather a Snoke backstory as an anthology (and not done as RJ's new trilogy).

Do we know what RJs new trilogy is about? Could it be about OBK?

Do we know what RJs new trilogy is about? Could it be about OBK?
Disney/LFL stated unequivocally that it was centered on a part of the galaxy never before touched on, involving all new characters etc. So, not old EU, or current Skywalker part of the galaxy. But something all new. If there's ANY tie-in tho....imo it would be the Unknown Regions (where Snoke originates from).

Disney/LFL stated unequivocally that it was centered on a part of the galaxy never before touched on, involving all new characters etc. So, not old EU, or current Skywalker part of the galaxy. But something all new. If there's ANY tie-in tho....imo it would be the Unknown Regions (where Snoke originates from).
So the otter rims?

Obi-Wan should be done like a mythical legend who begins an uprising against the Tuscan raiders on Tatooine, leading to all out war. If they didn't waste Maul in Rebels I would've had him show up in this movie and killed by Obi-Wan in a far more climatic way.

The cartoons may have their merits but they also have their patently stupid ideas, like Darth Maul being alive after being chopped in half and thrown down a pit. Disney will not be bringing him back in a movie aimed at adults, particularly casual fans, because they won't wear that s**t. And thank Christ for that.

What do you mean "won't wear that s**t"? Again, I ask you if you know how the Story Group works..

Do we know that?

What do you mean "won't wear that s**t"? Again, I ask you if you know how the Story Group works..
Yes, I'm aware of the collaboration in terms of determining canon, but they would also be aware that some story beats are acceptable in a children's cartoon that would not be acceptable in an adult's movie. So Darth Maul being alive in the cartoons may be canon but I'd bet my left nut you will never ever hear that referenced in an adult film. Casual fans that make up the bulk of the audience 'wouldn't wear' something so stupid. I'm a dedicated fan and I don't wear it; the cartoons are like an irrelevant side project to me, just like the comics.

Yes, I'm aware of the collaboration in terms of determining canon, but they would also be aware that some story beats are acceptable in a children's cartoon that would not be acceptable in an adult's movie. So Darth Maul being alive in the cartoons may be canon but I'd bet my left nut you will never ever hear that referenced in an adult film. Casual fans that make up the bulk of the audience 'wouldn't wear' something so stupid. I'm a dedicated fan and I don't wear it; the cartoons are like an irrelevant side project to me, just like the comics.

You made it sound as if Disney wouldn't admit to it as if them making money off Maul toys and Rebels isn't not them "owning it". Maul was brought back by George Lucas, so hard to argue it doesn't "count".

Back