Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sead isn't first XI worthy I wouldn't have thought. Weird signing if true. We need a starter, Gibbs or Monreal can be backup.

Wenger tho.

Sead Kolasinac is more of a bullish fullback. Big, solid, loves a tackle. The only worry is like Xhaka likes to dive/slide into them and commits quite a few fouls.

Has also played CB and DM. Also been one of the best players in the BL playing for a pretty average Schalke.

Really happy if we've picked him up on a free, certainly would be a much better bench options than Gibbs and leaves us money to spend elsewhere.

The inevitable 4-0 belting we cop in the last NLD will be the last significant event of Wenger's tenure. Delightful.

I honestly reckon Tottenham are the best team in the premier league, rate them as better than Chelsea.
I find myself agreeing. Many Chelsea fans are saying 13 points clear speaks for its self.Chelsea also don't have any widweek Europe competitions(the fa and capital one but who cares!)Tottenham are very organised and structured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else think Walcott as acting captain is the biggest joke ever? Shows the state of the club ATM, reckon he's gotta chuck Sanchez up forward, welbeck out on the wing, gah I don't really even care anymore, honestly I absolutely can't stand Walcott, reckon he is the weakest piece of s**t fraud stealing a living from Arsenal football club and the bloke is ******* acting captain wtf is going on at the club?!?

Anyone else think Walcott as acting captain is the biggest joke ever? Shows the state of the club ATM, reckon he's gotta chuck Sanchez up forward, welbeck out on the wing, gah I don't really even care anymore, honestly I absolutely can't stand Walcott, reckon he is the weakest piece of s**t fraud stealing a living from Arsenal football club and the bloke is ******* acting captain wtf is going on at the club?!?
Wenger has never cared about the captaincy. Walcott is likely a bettter captain than Gallas.

He has never cared. Wenger wants everyone to be a leader like in his great teams.
Plot twist - instead of 11 leaders we have 11 softcocks. No sane manager has such disregard for the armband.

No matter which way you dice it, Wenger's beliefs on the captaincy, tactics, squad management etc are all hopelessly outdated.

Plot twist - instead of 11 leaders we have 11 softcocks. No sane manager has such disregard for the armband.

No matter which way you dice it, Wenger's beliefs on the captaincy, tactics, squad management etc are all hopelessly outdated.
Mourinho does. He had Fellaini as captain this week.

Only the English care about it. In France and Italy it goes to the longest serving player most of the time which is Walcott for Arsenal.

Mourinho does. He had Fellaini as captain this week.

Only the English care about it. In France and Italy it goes to the longest serving player most of the time which is Walcott for Arsenal.
Mourinho had John Terry as his captain back when he was a competent manager. One of the best captains in English football, for one of the best teams English football has ever seen. A team as spineless as ours needs a figurehead and leader to look up to when s**t hits the fan.

What we don't need is some off the cuff bullshit about giving it to the longest serving player, who happened to mention after the Palace game that he knew from the start that the team wasn't up for the fight. It beggars belief that a manager can dismiss the captaincy selection as having no real influence on a match. What a total and utter shambles we are at the minute.

In other news, Everton go 3 up on us having played 2 games more. Hope they nab 6th off us tbh.

You don't think Walcott should have been captain, fair enough. But who would have been the more appropriate choice?

Anyone else.

Seriously though, that's another part of the problem. I would've given it to Mustafi or Xhaka over Walcott. Walcott shouldn't be starting matches.

Anyone else.

Seriously though, that's another part of the problem. I would've given it to Mustafi or Xhaka over Walcott. Walcott shouldn't be starting matches.

Mustafi can't even organise a defence at the moment how is he suppose to lead a team? Granit I will give you but I think Wenger is trying to take the pressure off him at present given he less than ideal start to his career due to circumstances mostly outside of his control. Now lets look at the other options Wenger could chose from.

Martinez - Has he even got 10 starts in Arsenal guernsey?
Bellerin - In shocking form and needs to worry about himself at present.
Gabriel/Monreal - Can they even speak English? Also in shocking form.
El Neny/Ozil - Not confident outspoken lead by the front types or in great form.
Alexis - Plays for himself and gives the ball away cheaply. Gave it away 20 times vs Palace, not the type of performance you would be looking for from your captain.
Welbeck - More of a joker amongst the group, than a serious type.

Now Walcott is a less than ideal captain but he is the longest serving member which counts for a lot, is english and speaks very well and is one of the few players playing to their level or beyond it this season. All you guys are happy to stick the boots into him but at the end of the day he is doing his job for the team. He has scored in big games, is the joint leading goal scorer for the team when factoring in goals only from open play and he has lifted his work rate massively compared to previous seasons. If others had responded this season in the same way Theo has we wouldn't be 19 or 21 points off the league leaders so whilst I don't like that Walcott was forced to be captain for one game, I at least think he is more deserving than others who could have been given it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back