Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitutions were a joke. Bringing Tierney off a shocker. Then Eddie comes on and misses his sitter. Absolute joke of a game by Arteta.

To not only lose against a team that didn’t have a win in 8, but to be dominated by them and only have VAR to stop it from being another 2/3 goal loss is the final straw.

sorry Arteta, any good will you had has evaporated now. The last 3 away games have shown there’s been no improvement.

If the board is serious about the club progressing and have any sense of urgency they’ll make the call before January.

but they won’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15 games in and we have a negative GD and the metrics suggest we should be even lower on the table than we are. We have no idea how to construct chances and play attacking football. 2 years into Arteta's reign the supposed improvement has been defensively yet we've conceded 22 goals in 15 games.

Sadly I'm now at the point of watching games in a manager and project I have zero faith in, I also can see it dragging on for another 12-18 months with EDu, Arteta and the Board hiding behind the " Youth project " excuse.

More dire as * times ahead for this football club.

Maybe he or Balogun etc should reject their next contract offer, perhaps Arteta will give them some minutes as a result?

Or perhaps Arteta can revert back to his secret weapon from the Villarreal tie, where Rob Holding had our most attempts on goal. Gotta trust that process Mikel.

This morning though, we did it again. We went 1-0 up after having lots of the ball without creating many opportunities and then we just sat back and invited them in. They eventually get their goal (nice marking Tavares) and then we perk up again. Why can't we just continue to attack even when going up? We should be rusting our side to keep the ball and still create.

Tavares was horrendous when he came on. He's so careless on the ball. I can't see him knocking Tierney off his perch at the moment. He's got upside but I feel like he will end up playing at a mid-table side (you know what I mean!).

I felt bad for Xhaka. He made a challenge earlier that halted a breakaway and received a yellow. Then he couldn't make a professional foul like he would have been able to otherwise he'd be off but I guarantee in the back of his head, he's preempting a backlash from fans and then blaming him for the loss. If he makes it - yeah we may have been a man down but he saves us a point instead of losing one. Not to mention the back that Godfrey stayed on the pitch for his challenges.

That’s 3 consecutive league losses for Arteta to Everton. Geez.

Keenly awaiting Ornstein’s tweet tomorrow that he retains the full backing of the board and ownership and they’re committed to him overseeing this project.

I dunno about Partey man, he’s becoming a massive concern imo, arsenal haven’t got the player they thought they were getting, elneny better than him last week and now xhaka who’s come back after a long layoff from injury better again, the excuses were afforded for the injuries but far out he is meekly average at best

That's part of the problem we have, some of the more expensive signings in Partey and Pepe aren't performing. Add Auba with the wages as well. Not getting value for money at all with those three at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back