Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Auba will lose the captaincy. Read he apparently skipped training to get a tattoo?

No I don’t believe that is correct, some wires may have been crossed with this one. The tattoo thing was a previous indiscretion, during a lockdown some time ago.

Ornstein and Gunnerblog etc are reporting this current situation is due to Auba returning to London later than agreed with the club. Which meant he wasn’t able to train on Friday given COVID protocols, and hence no training = dropped for this match.

Either way, pretty unprofessional on his part and very curious to see how it unfolds from here. Arteta said this is the “start” of his penalty/punishment (or words to that effect).

Good luck moving him on those wages post-covid.

Laca again proving why he's the much better player for us, had a great game last night and really should have had 1-2 more goals if he was being greedy.

Ødegaard with 3 goals in 3 games now, really hoping he develops in to a 10+ goal a season Midfielder.

Speaking of midfield, can we fu** Xhaka off in the January window? I'm just sick of him being at the club. It's like the last bit of rubbish that needs to be thrown out from the past. I'd honestly entertain the idea of Xhaka out and look at bringing Ramsey back from Juventus.

I think Partey, Ramsey and Odegaard could form a very interesting midfield (remember Ramsey is no slouch in the defensive department either).

Arteta extended Xhaka’s contract in August remember. Until 2024 I believe.

Laca again proving why he's the much better player for us, had a great game last night and really should have had 1-2 more goals if he was being greedy.

Ødegaard with 3 goals in 3 games now, really hoping he develops in to a 10+ goal a season Midfielder.

Speaking of midfield, can we fu** Xhaka off in the January window? I'm just sick of him being at the club. It's like the last bit of rubbish that needs to be thrown out from the past. I'd honestly entertain the idea of Xhaka out and look at bringing Ramsey back from Juventus.

I think Partey, Ramsey and Odegaard could form a very interesting midfield (remember Ramsey is no slouch in the defensive department either).
I’ve said for a while how much better we look with Laca. Hoping he can finish this season as our number 1 until we get a replacement.
Would happily swap Xhaka for Ramsey. Could work but Ramsey is very injury prone.

No I don’t believe that is correct, some wires may have been crossed with this one. The tattoo thing was a previous indiscretion, during a lockdown some time ago.

Ornstein and Gunnerblog etc are reporting this current situation is due to Auba returning to London later than agreed with the club. Which meant he wasn’t able to train on Friday given COVID protocols, and hence no training = dropped for this match.

Either way, pretty unprofessional on his part and very curious to see how it unfolds from here. Arteta said this is the “start” of his penalty/punishment (or words to that effect).

I read that also from Ornstein but he was given permission to travel elsewhere - could have been going to get a tattoo from a person he trusts in Germany etc. but even so, he knows the rules and he breached them.

I read that also from Ornstein but he was given permission to travel elsewhere - could have been going to get a tattoo from a person he trusts in Germany etc. but even so, he knows the rules and he breached them.

I’d be surprised if it was tattoo related. My initial reaction was that perhaps it was back to Africa (he needed to do something similar last season when his mother was unwell). Anyway am only speculating from afar.

Not a great situation overall and the timing is also interesting - just so soon after being dropped and his form really dwindling lately. There’s every chance he works his way back into the fold though. It’s a common thread during Arteta’s tenure, certain players sometimes get frozen out or whatever for a period of time but then eventually come back in.

Three team league, just gather enough points to stay up and maybe, MAYBE, snatch a domestic cup. This is what 96% of the league look at in a three team league. Will be interesting to see what Everton do after being the bet of the year paid off and we’ll see if they revert to type after Arsenal, as forecasted, pretty much bent over for them.
Good old Everton.

Or if he was quicker with mind and ball at his feet, but as we've seen over a large sample size he isn't and that one of the reasons he doesn't get many shots away and is a 1 in 3 striker in this league.

I really hope we can solve our striking woes in the summer by signing someone of real quality.

First 20 mins vs Southampton were ordinary, but then after a great first goal to took control and dominated vs a poor Southampton side.

Still not overly confident about our chances vs West Ham and Leeds.

You can make an allowance for this kind of stuff when he’s scoring regular goals and winning you Cups almost single handedly. However it’s hard to tolerate it at the moment. Pretty unprofessional from him. I wonder how long his sanction/omission will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give it to Ramsdale for the rest of the season.

Not a good look for Arteta. He is talking about the need for a culture change but he has been at the club long enough to make a change to our culture. We've had a rubbish run with captains for a while.

A part of me reckons he’ll give it back to Xhaka.

Should be looking to the future with this. I like the sound of Odegaard or Ramsdale. Tierney too injury prone.

I’m reading lacazette will be captain until the end of the season, then reassess at the break.
Arsenal seem to constantly balls up the choice for captain somehow.
I like tierney but as others have said he’s so injury prone.
Ramsdale seems a leader as does Gabriel, maybe even Ben white, odegaard name has been thrown around as well, we’ll find out in a few months I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back