Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the finish was top notch. I just meant we needed to be stopping that before he gets the opportunity.

Absolutely. It got into that area too easily I feel. Perhaps I’m being overly harsh on Odegaard’s half arsed effort, I just felt he’s a fresh player on the pitch and should’ve done a lot better there.

Ramsdale clearly annoyed with missing the clean sheet. I really appreciate seeing that, the bloke celebrates a big save like he does with a goal as well. That type of energy transmits across the pitch.

Ramsdale clearly annoyed with missing the clean sheet. I really appreciate seeing that, the bloke celebrates a big save like he does with a goal as well. That type of energy transmits across the pitch.
Ramsdale has been great tbf, his distribution is a lot better than Leno’s and his saving is just as good.. I think Leno might be done unless he’s content at being no. 2

Absolutely. It got into that area too easily I feel. Perhaps I’m being overly harsh on Odegaard’s half arsed effort, I just felt he’s a fresh player on the pitch and should’ve done a lot better there.

I feel like the players expected Partey to win it and probably put them off. You can see Gabriel kind of surprised and have to adjust because the challenge wasn’t won.

I’ve actually been surprised Leno hasn’t had another chance but I feel behind closed doors he’s probably said he’s leaving so they have said he’ll have to play second fiddle til he goes.

I feel like the players expected Partey to win it and probably put them off. You can see Gabriel kind of surprised and have to adjust because the challenge wasn’t won.

I’ve actually been surprised Leno hasn’t had another chance but I feel behind closed doors he’s probably said he’s leaving so they have said he’ll have to play second fiddle til he goes.

Leno will likely play vs Leeds next week. But in terms of the league team, I think he’s done mate. Ramsdale has cemented the number 1 spot, far sooner than I thought as well.

It’s no coincidence how much the club has made Ramsdale available to the media as well, and he has already developed a very good rapport with the fans. Similar to the impact of Tomiyasu at RB, you kind of don’t really know what’s been missing until you see someone else come in and do it.

No discredit to Leno, very consistent and high performing over the bulk of his Arsenal career. It’s just one of those things. Can see him angling for a move in January.

After our poor start to the season... We now have an ok base to build from.... We have to aim high! European football is a minimum for next season.

Time we start to get back to where we belong 😠 upwards is the way we must go. No more excuses.

After our poor start to the season... We now have an ok base to build from.... We have to aim high! European football is a minimum for next season.

Time we start to get back to where we belong 😠 upwards is the way we must go. No more excuses.

If Arteta can't finish top 6 this season, then I simply don't see any excuse for him to stay at the helm.

Great result
Great result. Just like the game against Tottenham, The Arsenal imposed themselves upon the opposition right from the start and didn't give them a sniff. It was what Footscray did to Port Adelaide in the semi final.

With the youngest and least experience team in the division, there are going to be inconsistencies; some times for long periods and sometimes for short periods but the one thing that has been very impressive and is a great foundation to build a top quality team upon in the future, is the commitment and never-say-die attitude when the going is really, really tough. The game against Brighton and Hove Albion was a testament to that attitude and the determination not to concede defeat against Crystal Palace was tremendous.

After the mauling we gave Tottenham, there was always going to be some kind of mental let down because the players were really wound up and gave it all they had and to come out against B&HA and be right under the cosh right form the beginning in filthy conditions and to not concede a goal was exceptional. The truth is, for all of Brighton's huff and puff, they only had one half chance header which was attempted under great pressure from our defence and if Smith-Rowe had a little more composure, we could have snatched it! B&HA's coach reckons that it was their best performance of the season and they still couldn't crack us and they too suffered a mental let down after giving everything they had against The Arsenal by drawing 0-0 with Norwich in their next game. For a team that sits in the top four, they should have beaten Norwich.

Ødegaard has hit the brick wall after some outstanding performance for club and country and fatigue has caught up with him - that's all it is. The Premier league is the toughest, most intense league in the world and our players aren't the seasoned, hard nosed pros that we see at other clubs but their attitude and application is fantastic and a great foundation to build on. Even Thomas Partey who looked imperious in the Spanish League, has found the Premier League a completely different beast and he still hasn't got his head around the fact that you must dig in and do the hard yards right to the end otherwise, you'll be punished. He's the one that cost us clean sheets against both Villa and Tottenham and dithered in possession and against Palace which cost us a goal.

We started in the same vein against Palace as we did against Tottenham and after the first goal, the youngsters thought that Palace were going to remain shell shocked as did Tottenham but Palace aren't brittle like Tottenham and they seized the initiative after we eased off.

As you said, great result this morning and I'm really looking forward to the game against Leicester. We beat them 3-1 last season at their ground and another win up there would be very good.

By the way, the garbage about Arsenal signing a four year old is just British tabloid bull shit. The minimum age for any child to join a football academy is 9 years old and it is a legal regulation which all football clubs must adhere to. The club has said: "At his current age, Zayn is not part of the official Arsenal Academy. He is currently enjoying football sessions at the West London Development Centre, one of the development centres that we run across London, providing local and fun football sessions for Under-6 to Under-8 year olds. The youngest age group at the Arsenal Hale End Academy is the under-9 age group. Our mission to be the most caring and challenging football academy is reflected in the way we develop our young people. The priority is to ensure that any child or young person attending the development centres or our Hale End Academy enjoys their football, with a focus on their all-round development and wellbeing."

This is exactly the kind of garbage which did the rounds concerning Buendia. He was never on Arsenal's radar and it was just speculation by some self important, attention seeking "expert" when he was speculating on who Arsenal should buy and it soon became, "Arsenal going after Buendia" and then, "Buendia snubs Arsenal."

No discredit to Leno, very consistent and high performing over the bulk of his Arsenal career. It’s just one of those things. Can see him angling for a move in January.
Agree with this, but he fell off a cliff this season and that seems to have done him.

Leno will be just another player we will end up selling for less then what he is worth.
His contract is up next year, most likely goes on a free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think Leno will be off in the summer for some sort of fee, I'd be surprised if he spent 2 years here as a no 2.

He would’ve know his time was up after Arsenal spent ~£25m on Ramsdale. You don’t pay that much for a back up, so from there it was only a matter of time before Ramsdale came into the first XI.

The replacement for Leno (as number 2) will need to be selected carefully. Okonkwo isn’t ready yet and would benefit from a loan. And we don’t need another rushed Runarsson type signing.

Not good enough for prem though 😂🤷‍♂️
He plays in a non body contact league and at an intensity that's pedestrian compared to the EPL. I hope he and his PR department continue to spruik him because we'll get a lot more doe for him when we sell him so we can buy players that we need in the right positions. He and Guendouzi are completely the wrong type of players for our team/squad. We have had those types of egomaniacs at out club in the past and they have wreaked havoc. WQhy would we want to import trouble to a tight knit, committed outfit? It wouldn't matter if Saliba and the other bloke were the greatest players on earth: if their attitude is one of "me, me, me", they are not worth a pinch of shit.

I hope a Premier League side buys Saliba for mega bucks because Lacazette will leave him battered and bruised and brush him off like a mozzie and Aubameyang will run rings around him!

One tackle and people are having orgasms. How about the pieces of footage that aren't shown by his PR team and not spoken about by the same numpties who reckoned that Ozil was just the right type of player for Arsenal and that he wasn't treated fairly? I have been watching the French league whilst I've been recuperating at home after two weeks as an inpatient at the place where I'm usually one of those looking after the patients and I'll tell you what, it's confirmed to me once again that the French League league is miles from the Premier League in all sorts of ways and players that play in it, have a luxurious time.

I've watched Big Willy Saliba been brushed off by old men, I've seen him ball watching, as statuesque as the statues of Napoleon that you find dotted around France and the measure of his application is about the size of what Napoleon was, that is, pipsqueak. I watch Gabriel, White and Tomiyasu and it's hilarious that people think that Saliba is in their league. There is not a hope in hell that he could dislodge one of them and he'd be sitting on the bench if Arsenal were stupid enough to get him back instead of cashing in and what do you reckon he'll be like sitting on the bench? All lip and destabilisation - he has form and we don't need his type at the club.

Saliba is going to be a star, and will be a much CB than either Gabriel and especially White. Bookmark it.
Good luck too him, let him be a star somewhere else because at The Arsenal, he will be an Ozil type figure who WILL destabilise and cause missives everywhere.

He was told in private by his coach what he needed to do as the coach told ESR in private but unlike ESR who got his head down, got a long term contract and has forced his way into the side, Saliba trashed the club, trashed his coach and still doesn't have a good enough command of English. ESR changed his lifestyle, changed what he ate and drank and changed his "friends" in order to advance his game to another level.

Saliba was given another chance this year to do what is necessary to prepare him for a career in English football by going on loan to a Championship side so he could get some understanding of what to expect in England but no, boohoo hoo, wah wah wah, "I don't want to go there, I want to go to France where it's much easier for me". He gave up the opportunity to be close to Arsenal, to learn English and the English game because he thinks he's too good and that everyone should bow down to him. He's a very lucky boy to have such an understanding coach because if it were Ferguson or Mourinho, not only would he have been thrown out of the club, he could well have got a backhander or two from those hardliners. Pep wouldn't tolerate his shit nor would many other top flight coaches.

I don't have anything against Saliba per se, I have watched him play with interest in a number of games and I know very well what his strengths and weekness are and the reason I get so wound up about Saliba is not really because of Saliba, it's because of the extraordinary fawning that some around here show for him and I would bet my balls that going by what I've learn't about the lads around here over the years, most of those who now carry on like he's the greatest thing since white bread, haven't seen him play other than the PR clips that get thrown up by the agent provocateurs in the gutter press and social media. If our comrades had watched him over a number of games, they wouldn't be carrying on the way they are.

The boy is also very immature and we have a number of cracking youngsters in the squad who are incredibly focused on wanting to be the best they can and to waste time in trying to get an immature, self obsessed youngster to toe the line and "grow up" is next to futile and given the disruption and angst he would cause. it's better for him and The Arsenal that he pursues a career somewhere else. France is a perfect fit because it's quite a way below the EPL and they are so airy fairy over there, they put up with self-centred players like Saliba and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back