VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Occasionally we get glimpses of the gap between AFL and the 2nd tier comps, when someone who really shouldn't be playing at the level gets dropped.

Macrae had 47 possessions and 17 clearances

17k 30 hb and 17 clear... seems like the type we will ask about if the Dogs are looking elsewhere. It would just be about cost of the trade.

17k 30 hb and 17 clear... seems like the type we will ask about if the Dogs are looking elsewhere. It would just be about cost of the trade.

Turns 30 in August and is on the WB list for another 3 seasons - next OOC in 2017

Depending on the size of his current deal, they may well be happy for someone to take him off their books - the more of his contract that a potential new team is willing to pay, could see a decrease in the trade currency required to get the deal done

Turns 30 in August and is on the WB list for another 3 seasons - next OOC in 2017

Depending on the size of his current deal, they may well be happy for someone to take him off their books - the more of his contract that a potential new team is willing to pay, could see a decrease in the trade currency required to get the deal done
He has a really ugly contract.
Coming off injury..let see what he does for the rest of the year. In trade there would have to be a balance between trade and remuneration. If we took all his contract then I cant see the trade being much in the way of picks and if they were willing to hold some of it then it starts to get more expensive. But ..my bet is we look at it ..if we draft a kid with a R2 compared to a Pnp type. I just feel it would be easy for us to think we could repeat the Issac Smith win. Admittedly , that was a FA and money contract that suited us ...so its not a perfect comparison.

Last edited:
Hmm I think it will be a toss up on if Toby plays Easter Monday or the following week. I would say Stanley if fit plays Easter Monday and Conway plays against the Dogs
Agree it isn’t clear cut either way. You could argue they want Stanley there for Hawk 350. Not sure whether they value that or not?

My logic was giving Stanley two weeks off now but also based on the fact that neeves is not English. Of course some would argue Toby is better than Stanley (which could be fair). But interstate maybe they want maturity?

What I think is more likely than not is that Toby will play one of those games which is exciting

I didn’t watch the first 3 qtrs. Any feedback on Wiltshire. Stats low?

Also Willis got 2 goals but not many posessions?

Foster and Neale a quiet but assume that was driven by not many opportunities?
Wiltshire came off and went in the rooms during I think 2nd qtr. He was worried about his head and neck area but ended up going back on eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Scott say 208cm for Conway in one of his interviews… has he grown another 2cm or is he just mistaking his height?

He'll keep growing each week and by the end of the season Scott will be talking about him being 230cm 😎

He has a really ugly contract.

If its say 3-4 years at 750 a year thats not that bad with the new cap and we will have lots of cap space. He has been fairly durable so i wouldnt be against it.

Yeah, fairly poor game. Conway was good in the ruck, Hardie good in the contest not much to like elsewhere. Jeka, Foster has some work to do if they ever want to see senior football at the Cats. The former was better as the game grew on but was pretty poor overall with his kicking letting him down at times. Pretty poor effort overall and it will be another season without finals if the Cats don't improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back