VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you cant take much out of this bc the opposition is so bad.

But mannagh and hardie both look sharp and afl ready (they are above this level the question is are they good enough for afl?) If we are resting people.

Clohesys intensity really impresses me and humphries has been clean..theres something there.

I can see why jeka frustrates hawks fans..hes a very good mark and his kicking is really good for a guy that size but he is so laconic. Looks like theres no intensity. If you could get atkins attitude in him hes a 10yr player.

Neale must want to punch the wall..delivery to him has been atrocious.

Mullin looks a bit better today.

Stevens ok but needs to improve transition running, knevitt good in transition, osullivan ok.

Bradtke and ballantyne both showing a bit. Ballantyne deserves to be picked up by somebody.
Ajang is very raw but i like some of his stuff..hes developable.

It's tough with Jeka

He's looking more and more like an AFL player by the week, but he's only going to be able to play the Zuthrie/Stewy role.

The height deceives us for mine. He's a big boy, but his game his built around his class with the ball and agility/movement.

The Josh Jenkins syndrome. Built like a KPP, plays like a flanker.

Correct and we need a kpp more than an interceptor. We need to get more mongrel into him somehow.

But mannagh and hardie both look sharp and afl ready (they are above this level the question is are they good enough for afl?) If we are resting people.

Clohesys intensity really impresses me and humphries has been clean..theres something there.

I can see why jeka frustrates hawks fans..hes a very good mark and his kicking is really good for a guy that size but he is so laconic. Looks like theres no intensity. If you could get atkins attitude in him hes a 10yr player.

Stevens ok but needs to improve transition running, knevitt good in transition, osullivan ok.

Bradtke and ballantyne both showing a bit.
I think we'd be naive to not understand Neales' frustration.

It's a day where if the delivery is sound he can kick 5+.

He knows what he needs to do to get his shot, and with Hawks' form the seas are beginning to part for the first time since he arrived here.

The coaches will like the score assists more than the low % goals

That must be the kpi they have given mannagh to get back in the afl side.

I think we'd be naive to not understand Neales' frustration.

It's a day where if the delivery is sound he can kick 5+.

He knows what he needs to do to get his shot, and with Hawks' form the seas are beginning to part for the first time since he arrived here.

Its true..if they give it to him nicely on a lead instead of bombing it he could kick 6.

Bradtke and ballantyne both showing a bit.

Agree on opposition.

Has Mannagh been told that we are looking at how many assists he gets ratehr tahn goals..he seem more concious of centreing it more like Stengle etc.

Sinnintt (not sure on spelling ) look to have a bit of pace.

Riccardi looks like he is a better player (irronically) after he has been delisted .

Agree on opposition.

Has Mannagh been told that we are looking at how many assists he gets ratehr tahn goals..he seem more concious of centreing it more like Stengle etc.

Sinnintt (not sure on spelling ) look to have a bit of pace.

Riccardi looks like he is a better player (irronically) after he has been delisted .

Clearly they must have told mannagh to improve his assists over goal hunting bc hes now so conscious of it hes passing everything off. It makes sense bc he has everything else an afl player needs. I assume he will be back in the 1s soon.

Funnily enough sinnott reminds me of hastie who the saints took-hes raw but something there.

Riccardi does seem to be improving albeit his size will always hold him back.

It's tough with Jeka

He's looking more and more like an AFL player by the week, but he's only going to be able to play the Zuthrie/Stewy role.

The height deceives us for mine. He's a big boy, but his game his built around his class with the ball and agility/movement.

The Josh Jenkins syndrome. Built like a KPP, plays like a flanker.
If we can get Jeka’s confidence and intensity up by playing back, he could try playing forward again.

Bradtke and ballantyne both showing a bit. Ballantyne deserves to be picked up by somebody.
Ajang is very raw but i like some of his stuff..hes developable.
Jeka's kicking looked elite to me.

Mullin great collection and kick and Mannagh gets another one.

Neale was right there too just diodnt get it kicked to him

GO Catters

Mullin showing he's learned the game

When to mark.. when to spoil... and skills are very very good

GO CAtters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEale great work rate playing as ruck ppushed forward then to get that mark.

GO Catters

Frankston haven't really shown up today, but great to see we're moving the ball in a similar way to the seniors - fast, attacking, with a bit of risk-reward.

Hopefully it makes the transition to AFL a bit easier when anyone's called up.

Mullin had about 5 chains from D 50 start with him ... run and carry and good kicks to MF

He's growing really really well

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back