MRobbo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2004
Mornington
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Frankston,LA Lakers
At quarter Time Tasmania 4-5(29) lead Geelong 4-2(26)

Now 18 minutes into the 2nd quarter

Tasmania 7-8(50) lead Geelong 6-3(39)

Davenport 3 goals

The game is live on ABC1.

Tasmania 73 to Geelong 71 halfway through the 3rd quarter.
Been a close game the whole time. Really impressed by Mckenna.
Liked the part at halftime when they had a flashback to 1961 and they played a game Vics vs WA.

Final Score
Tasmania 18-17(125)
Geelong 15-11(101)

Davenport 4 goals, McKenna and Potter 2 goals

Tasmania ran all over Geelong in the last quarter kicking 6-2 to 3.5

It was Tasmania's first home win since late in 2006.

Team looked terrible compared to last year. Votes would be Moles, Davenport, Byrne, Hogan, Tenace.

- Moles looks all class as a HFF. Very powerful and good skills. I think he struggles for endurance though.
- Davenport was good, looks very Robert Harvey (07/08) in that he runs, finds space and sets up play but not really good in an under and not great in a contest.
- Hogan has improved some what and is now a good player in the VFL but still too skinny.
- Tenace was very good down back.
Byrnes missed a goal and disposal was poor at times but had great poise.

Key forward were not great today.

Moles looks good, tough body, smart player. He is 22 though I think.

Agree that Hogan is now a good VFL player, but I can't see him retaining a spot on our list really.

had to have a chuckle when Shannon Byrnes had a kick at goal from 40 metres out on a slight angle and the ABC commentators said 'Byrnes eats these for breakfast'... clearly breakfast isn't his favourite meal of the day.. although he did kick that one...

Geelong Goal Kickers: J. Davenport 4, S. Potter 2, D. McKenna 2, S. Byrnes, J. Cheep, B. Moles, J. Byrne, S. Mumford, D. Barnes, J. Hollmer
Best Players: S. Byrnes, J. Davenport, S. Mumford, A. Donohue, T. Varcoe, J. Hollmer

TasmaniaGoal Kickers: T. Bongetti 4, J. Charlesworth 3, A. Gilmour 2, A. Cornelius 2, B. Geappen, P. Koulouriotis, N. Street, L. Shackleton, T. Langford, J. Hardy, T. Plummer
Best Players: C. Thurley, B. Setchell, N. Street, T. Langford, T. Bongetti, J. Charlesworth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against Coburg it was 6 I believe.
I think 4 against Tassie.

Heh, I did love how Terry Wallace was talking up the fact that Coburg beat "the reigning premiers" in round 1. Very optimistic is Terry. Always looks on the bright side of things.

If Prissa was playing he would have got BOG. ;) Haha
Anyone know if there will be a replay of the match on ABC2? I can't find it in the tv guide.
Yes, I'm sure your psychic skillz are helpful... But too bad, he didn't play!

Nah no replay, apparently they've stopped showing them because there was no national interest in them.

Yes, I'm sure your psychic skillz are helpful... But too bad, he didn't play!

Nah no replay, apparently they've stopped showing them because there was no national interest in them.

Whattt???! You're kidding me. Awww I'm annoyed. I thought i'd tape the seniors and watch the VFL later when it was replayed... turns out dad didn't set the tape right so I missed the seniors and now I don't even get to watch the VFL. NOT HAPPY! :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back