VFL VFL Round 7 v Northern Bullants. Saturday May 11th 2:05pm @ Genis Steel Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the Coburg game was going to be our nadir for the season, but this takes it. Beleive it or not, the Bullants have been hit with injury too. They have some very ordinary footballers out there showing us up.

Only caught the last 10 minutes. Dean huge, Kreuger had the right idea in the ruck, Parker had moments & was unlucky to not be rewarded for a desperate run down tackle. Our kicking forward was too rushed though and our only real chance was paid a free & 50 to the bullants. Both looked hot in comparison to others not paid in that 10 minutes.

Dean, Kreuger, AJ, Begg, Ryan and Parker all showed a bit.

We were always going to struggle with virtually all of our VFL mids and small forwards pushed up to AFL/emerg this week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The positive to come out of this Is Hutchinson won’t be going anywhere in the mid year draft. Then again he’s done nothing all season so maybe he does need to move on. Talk about an over hyped nobody.

Dean, Kreuger, AJ, Begg, Ryan and Parker all showed a bit.

We were always going to struggle with virtually all of our VFL mids and small forwards pushed up to AFL/emerg this week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We were leading by 20 odd points about 10 minutes into the last with the opposition only kicking 2 goals. This isn't down to all the players we were missing.

I thought the Coburg game was going to be our nadir for the season, but this takes it. Beleive it or not, the Bullants have been hit with injury too. They have some very ordinary footballers out there showing us up.
We are the worst team in the VFL at the Moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really dont know any more than the next footy fan but the way the VFL is structured, the best approach is to look for AFL traits in the guys running out in our VFL side. Sadly, it's not really a legit competition rather a match day training and development league.
Dean was really solid today and looked a class above. Kruegs battled away but we know what we get with him.
Other positive was Parker who had some impressive moments. Ryan was a maybe for me today.

Was Kreuger BOG or close to it? AJ - how did he play? Didn't read anything about AJ since first term so he must have been really quiet.
AJ was pretty good. Took some nice grabs and kicked a few. Was the best of our forwards (what little remain).

Dean was a rock in defence. Parker looked good. Ryan in his first game was solid to. Beggy had a better game.

Outside of that not a lot. But there’s not a lot left to be fair. 10 or so regulars not playing today. No mids and no smalls or wings

Was Kreuger BOG or close to it? AJ - how did he play? Didn't read anything about AJ since first term so he must have been really quiet.
AJ kicked 3 looked better than he has all year in the forward line but it’s not a high bar. Honestly I think they should’ve kept going with him down back and played Glover up forward.

AJ was pretty good. Took some nice grabs and kicked a few. Was the best of our forwards (what little remain).

Dean was a rock in defence. Parker looked good. Ryan in his first game was solid to. Beggy had a better game.

Outside of that not a lot. But there’s not a lot left to be fair. 10 or so regulars not playing today. No mids and no smalls or wings
We had 7 AFL listed players today, assuming that these 5 showed a bit (I didn't watch the game) that's positive from a club pov.

Harry in his third game coming off a long term injury, and Krueger who is also playing himself into fitness are the other two.

Don’t really care about results, especially when they are so shortstaffed with injuries in the senior side.

In the parts I watched Dean was superb especially in the last when under the most pressure, Johnson is getting there, Kreuger was back to his big bad self crashing and bashing and being bashed into ( even by teammates) and running into something resembling form. Couple of others including Parker had some moments. Begg went off late which probably the straw that broke the camels back in terms of the match, but I think he returned to the field. Don’t need any more players missing.

There was one non listed player I thought to myself “ whataw***er”.. marked from 40 out…. Strutted back almost to the centre circle to go back for his kick… took the longest runup ever…. Inexplicably kicked the ball way too early about ten metres behind the mark….. and missed. Could have set up what might have been the winning lead.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back