VFL VFL Round 7 v Northern Bullants. Saturday May 11th 2:05pm @ Genis Steel Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

They updated the stats.

Dean - 27 disposals, 14 marks
Ryan - 20 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles
Parker - 16 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles
Begg (pre-injury): 15 disposals, 3 marks, 19 hitouts, 7 clearances
Demattia - 13 disposals, 3 marks
Kreuger - 11 disposals, 1 goal, 5 tackles, 7 hitouts
Johnson - 11 disposals, 3 goals, 6 marks, 5 tackles
For me, this was a very successful game. The players we want to improve are improving and that's all we need from the VFL

Our vfl team didn’t set the world on fire last season, how did the seniors go again?

When has vfl results ever impacted on afl?

All that matters is how the afl listed players go.

This week in particular, we had very few playing, with injuries at senior level, compounded by Carmy and Jiath injuries. Dean was very good. Johnson is finding form. Parker looks good for someone’s that’s missed so much footy. That’s a win

Sorry, haven’t read the thread.

Can anyone give me a view on AFL players?
Don’t care about score.

I did see about 5 mins of the third and saw Ryan mark and then kick into the man on the mark.
Was that the general gist of the day?

Sorry, haven’t read the thread.

Can anyone give me a view on AFL players?
Don’t care about score.

I did see about 5 mins of the third and saw Ryan mark and then kick into the man on the mark.
Was that the general gist of the day?
Post 176 just above you. They all seemed pretty good and Dean was the standout

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Dean that good? High disposals plus marks sometimes suggests a lot of uncontested goalkeeper type keeping’s off numbers.

Actually went and had a look at VIC Park while the game was on. Fairly sure I saw Phil Cox in full kit going for lunch in the area, and also saw Caleb Poulter at the nearby pub.

Was Dean that good? High disposals plus marks sometimes suggests a lot of uncontested goalkeeper type keeping’s off numbers.

Actually went and had a look at VIC Park while the game was on. Fairly sure I saw Phil Cox in full kit going for lunch in the area, and also saw Caleb Poulter at the nearby pub.
He was our best player today IMO. Got some good spoils in as well

Jake lever has made a career of taking quite a few uncontested marks. Dean has been always been a defender who takes a lot of marks. These are the type of defenders you want in your side

Given our VFL side has been gutted with injuries to AFL players, there were some encouraging signs.
Charlie Dean is starting to show why we recruited him.
Lets hope he gets a decent injury free run.

Kreuger looked good, taking contested marks, crashing packs, knocking guys over, creating chaos and kicking a goal. And with his leg-canon, Kreuger’s goal scoring range extends all the way out to 60m. With Checkers unavailable, I’d be seriously tempted to bring him in to play FF/CHF against the Crows.

AJ kicked three and could have kicked six today but for mine he still fails to sprint flat-out into open space, or to chase hard and apply pressure to keep the ball inside F50. He took a good step forward today but IMO he needs a couple more consolidating performances before being considered again for an AFL return.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kreuger looked good, taking contested marks, crashing packs, knocking guys over, creating chaos and kicking a goal. And with his leg-canon, Kreuger’s goal scoring range extends all the way out to 60m. With Checkers unavailable, I’d be seriously tempted to bring him in to play FF/CHF against the Crows.

AJ kicked three and could have kicked six today but for mine he still fails to sprint flat-out into open space, or to chase hard and apply pressure to keep the ball inside F50. He took a good step forward today but IMO he needs a couple more consolidating performances before being considered again for an AFL return.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
AJ is an Ollie Henry type. I still have hope for him. Mcstay, checkers and Johnson a s third tall

Losing to Coburg, who hadn’t won a game for 2 years, now losing to the Bullants, who were 0-5, is concerning.
We had alot out of our side today, but the Bullants aren't a team stacked with AFL quality footballers.
I just think with our VFL program, we have alot of players who are just good average local club footballers.
I would like to see more ex AFL, even a player or two from the SANFL, WAFL etc in our program, who may want to apply their trade in the VFL....
and the players you talk of can collect 20K playing local footy and may not wish to play at a club where they play second fiddle to 18 to 21 year old draftees....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back