2nds VFL Round 8 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Footscray will playing for a spot in the VFL top 8 when they face Collingwood on Saturday at VU Whitten Oval.

The ‘Scray are coming off an eight point win over Werribee and sit just outside the top 8 in ninth position on percentage with a 3-3 record.

Josh Dunkley, Mitch Wallis and Lukas Webb have been named for Footscray this week.

The Bulldogs will host an official event to mark National Sorry Day and National Reconciliation Week (27 May – 3 June) ahead of the match.

The match gets underway at VU Whitten Oval from 11.00am.

For ticketing and match day information – click here.

VFL Round 8
Footscray v Collingwood
Saturday, 26 May, 11:00am AEST
VU Whitten Oval Oval

Full back D Morris F Roberts M Adams
Half back R William L Young S Biggs
Centreline M Honeychurch J Prudden W Hayes
Half forward L Webb J Dunkley F Greene
Full forward C Porter N Mullenger-Mchugh A Monfries
Followers T Campbell L Jong M Wallis
Interchange A Panayi A Greenwood L Dalgleish
N Hamad J Wallis A Tashevski-Beckwith
L Sullivan D Symeopoulos
23rd Man J Shea

I thought Dale Morris had a set back this week ?
Reading between the lines, I simply think the club didn't want to bring him back off a 5 day break and can manage his TOG in the VFL. I think the 'soreness' was a little cover so supporters don't crack the sads.

Reading between the lines, I simply think the club didn't want to bring him back off a 5 day break and can manage his TOG in the VFL. I think the 'soreness' was a little cover so supporters don't crack the sads.
Also to be fair in what is likely his last year, why let him waste away playing VFL? I'm with Barrett on this one

Also to be fair in what is likely his last year, why let him waste away playing VFL? I'm with Barrett on this one
He's not wasting away. He's regaining match fitness after not playing for nearly nine months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris playing. Spec up forward. 10-2 at quarter time. Got here after our goal was kicked. With our midfield of Jong, Wallis and Webb with Dunkley splitting time between forward and mid, it’s a game we should and must win.

Last edited:
Defensively really poor the last few minutes. 22-20. From what I see so far, Morris might be here for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back