Fixture Changes V Port Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ports massive midfield?

Butters and Rozee are good, but they aren’t huge.

Well you picked their two smallest mids to make your point... They have been using Wines, JHF, Drew and Rozee as their main mids and the first three are pretty big strong lads, especially compared to Caleb. Against the Bombers or Pies etc who have more silky skillful mids would make more sense for Caleb to be in the middle, but him against a few of those Port boys are different weight classes.

Port will be pumped up like the Cows were last night. Tough game.

The AFL Draw for this round has done us no favours.

You would not want to play Port or Crows.

All other games are at a neutral venue

I reckon this is the toughest game of our next month of footy.

After this, Freo, Hawthorn and Plastics all look very winnable.

Find a way on Saturday night and we could really set our season up.

Exciting times after we looked near hopeless at 0-2 after 2 horrible losses.

I reckon this is the toughest game of our next month of footy.

After this, Freo, Hawthorn and Plastics all look very winnable.

Find a way on Saturday night and we could really set our season up.

Exciting times after we looked near hopeless at 0-2 after 2 horrible losses.

Agree

Even if we win 3 of the next 4 we can still set up our season.

It is also a case how we win and lose that gives an insight how we are really going.

Conceding multiple successive goals lurks as an unresolved issue

He was trying to kick a bouncing ball off the ground wasn't he? Can't blame him for that
While being legged.
He certainly made up for it with his snap later on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any danger of playing Buku in his natural position as an intercepting defender, rather than picking TOB?

Won’t be at all surprised if Buku gets picked up elsewhere in the off season.
Our taller defenders tend to have a higher TOG compared to other positions and Buks can't do that (yet), hence he spent most of pre-season training with the forwards.
He entered the AFL system a fair way behind most kids so there's no issue with him taking a bit longer.

Really can't knock much with the team, Would've preferred the Clizzard over Doc but can also see why he would prefer the experience in a hostile game.

Hannan played his role really well off the bench last week so was never going to get dropped.

As for Toby yes he had 47 touches in the 2s but it is not relevant to the 1s as he will never get a sniff of our midfield and is far to slow and a bit of a liability defensively now to play HF/Wing good depth nothing more now unfortunately.

Our taller defenders tend to have a higher TOG compared to other positions and Buks can't do that (yet), hence he spent most of pre-season training with the forwards.
He entered the AFL system a fair way behind most kids so there's no issue with him taking a bit longer.
Why was this the case? He was in our academy, playing NAB League and was even in the All Australian U18 team.

Why was this the case? He was in our academy, playing NAB League and was even in the All Australian U18 team.
Naturally low VO2 Max perhaps?
It was even acknowledged in the speech before his debut.

Fingers crossed we get closer to 1mm than the potential 20mm of rain tomorrow. Based on the forecast, I think a thunderstorm or two may be possible and would likely be the thing that will impact rainfall, evening is when the Bom say that could occur so expect that at 7:20pm precisely.I figure my predictions are about as good as the Bom these days 🤣
A pity that the boys are having a run today at South Adelaide’s home ground, it’s a fair way south of the cbd. If anyone’s keen to attend, a train from the city to colonnades/ Noarlunga is an option- the ground is walking distance from the station.

Really can't knock much with the team, Would've preferred the Clizzard over Doc but can also see why he would prefer the experience in a hostile game.

Hannan played his role really well off the bench last week so was never going to get dropped.

As for Toby yes he had 47 touches in the 2s but it is not relevant to the 1s as he will never get a sniff of our midfield and is far to slow and a bit of a liability defensively now to play HF/Wing good depth nothing more now unfortunately.
In normal circumstances he wouldn't but there's a clear vacancy with Smith's absence. I'd much rather Toby playing an inside role in wet conditions tomorrow over Daniel. Caleb just isn't a centre bounce midfielder at all in my view.

While being legged.
He certainly made up for it with his snap later on

They were different plays but were at the same end, the off the ground one spilled out the back and he messed up kicking it off the ground

In normal circumstances he wouldn't but there's a clear vacancy with Smith's absence. I'd much rather Toby playing an inside role in wet conditions tomorrow over Daniel. Caleb just isn't a centre bounce midfielder at all in my view.
Smith and Toby are not even remotely comparable at all and Smith doesn't and never will play an "inside role"

Smith has already been down on his CBAs anyway with 32% r2 5% r3 and 32% last week again, McCrae will get an uptick and Weightman will go in like he was Pre-Season to replace Baileys small amount and given his speed and agility is an actual like for like replacement

I had breakfast with Caleb Daniel this morning. As far as he knew he was just having breakfast with his mate at an adjacent table, but for me it was really nice to share some time with a Premiership hero of mine. We didn’t get into the footy too deeply but he did flash me a glance that seemed to say, “I will be playing more midfield minutes this weekend with Bailey Smith out with a calf issue. The forecasted weather in Adelaide looks like it will favour my strengths at ground level and I should be getting a heap of the footy and hitting targets left and right.”

Any danger of playing Buku in his natural position as an intercepting defender, rather than picking TOB?

Won’t be at all surprised if Buku gets picked up elsewhere in the off season.
Talked to a family member of Schache’s yesterday, Melbourne told him he would be playing, then Buku knocked him out in his game against us. He has had concussion for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back