Fixture Changes V Port Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I had breakfast with Caleb Daniel this morning. As far as he knew he was just having breakfast with his mate at an adjacent table, but for me it was really nice to share some time with a Premiership hero of mine. We didn’t get into the footy too deeply but he did flash me a glance that seemed to say, “I will be playing more midfield minutes this weekend with Bailey Smith out with a calf issue. The forecasted weather in Adelaide looks like it will favour my strengths at ground level and I should be getting a heap of the footy and hitting targets left and right.”
Straight from the Shetland’s mouth!

$1 million to anybody that can provide a logical reason for Tim O’Brien being selected in the 22
I'm not a huge fan of O'Brien, but he has been the best of the tall defenders in the VFL, makes perfect sense for him to replace Keath.

I think Buku and Clearly both a bit unlucky, but their time will come.

Has Bevo's love for Gardy waned?

i know his reserves form is patchy, but that wouldnt have stopped Bevo in the past

i know his reserves form is patchy, but that wouldnt have stopped Bevo in the past
Maybe he’s been reading BF and is going out of his way to disabuse us of certain popular perceptions? Even Robbie McComb missed out this week!

Yes, yes I know … Hannan. But two out of three ain’t bad.

Disappointed for Khamis, seems they have penciled him in as a forward this year and he is behind a few.

As a 3rd intercepting defender (in my opinion his best position) I think he would have played this week if he had been playing there in the VFL. Lets be honest, Khamis is the future not a journeyman like O-Brien (yet I wish him well). They need to play Khamis in the back half of the year or they will lose him.

There’s no urgency to select talls who aren’t ready anymore now we have Jones. Gardner gets another week or two in the VFL to get up to speed before coming back into the side which is better for everyone. O’Brien deserves his selection this week

Last minute I know… but i have a concession and junior ticket available for level 1 row G if anyone is interested…? Send me a PM. Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had breakfast with Caleb Daniel this morning. As far as he knew he was just having breakfast with his mate at an adjacent table, but for me it was really nice to share some time with a Premiership hero of mine. We didn’t get into the footy too deeply but he did flash me a glance that seemed to say, “I will be playing more midfield minutes this weekend with Bailey Smith out with a calf issue. The forecasted weather in Adelaide looks like it will favour my strengths at ground level and I should be getting a heap of the footy and hitting targets left and right.”
Caleb Daniel to his mate: "is that Danny Devitto sitting next to us?"
CD's mate: "who's Danny Devitto?"

1681467905623.png

Early rain, easing off, then increasing showers and maybe a thunderstorm in the evening. Send her down, Hughie!

Good night to stay at home with a glass or two of red.

The rain will drive away a few fans plus there will be quite the neutral atmosphere with people hanging on after Dees/Bombers. Does that mean Port won’t do that embarrassing ‘Never Tear Us Apart’ gimmick before the first bounce tomorrow?

The rain will drive away a few fans plus there will be quite the neutral atmosphere with people hanging on after Dees/Bombers. Does that mean Port won’t do that embarrassing ‘Never Tear Us Apart’ gimmick before the first bounce tomorrow?
They did it during covid when there were no fans.

Our taller defenders tend to have a higher TOG compared to other positions and Buks can't do that (yet), hence he spent most of pre-season training with the forwards.
He entered the AFL system a fair way behind most kids so there's no issue with him taking a bit longer.
Don’t forwards typically cover significantly more ground?

Smith and Toby are not even remotely comparable at all and Smith doesn't and never will play an "inside role"

Smith has already been down on his CBAs anyway with 32% r2 5% r3 and 32% last week again, McCrae will get an uptick and Weightman will go in like he was Pre-Season to replace Baileys small amount and given his speed and agility is an actual like for like replacement

He’s not in the preferred CBA trio, but this year he’s our fourth in line ‘inside mid’. He’s fourth at the club in average clearances and only 0.2 stoppage clearances behind Libba for third.

I think he does a pretty good job of deciding when to hit the contest and when to instead look for the receive to try and burst away. But I suspect his role is only going to trend more ‘inside’ over the coming years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back