Zeebs - 12 disposals, 3 of them were turnovers lol

Cunners - 20 disposals, no influence

Jy - only 10 disposals did nothing

Higgo - did he even touch it in the 3rd or 4th quarter? He was so poor

Polec and Ahern got a lot of the ball but had 1 tackle between them

Luke - 16 disposals and 1 tackle, offered nothing after half time

Durdin... 2 disposals, urgh

no influence at all

Our midfield is the main issue and for the first time under Shaw we looked uncompetitive. But west coast are a very very good team so can’t take anything from them!

We've been putrid through the middle for a couple of weeks now. Poor contested and even worse on the spread.
All round dark day for R. Shaw. I'll be interested to see the selections for next week as we've been flat as a tack.

Same shite - different day in terms of that midfield.

We must move heaven and earth to get a quality established mid plus get our hands on one of GC's early picks to get a quality young mid.

We must get over our fascination with plodders in the midfield and start recruiting modern day mids. Enough is enough.

Comprehensively beaten. In every aspect.

Matchups simply did not work, especially in the back half. Ryan on Ahern for example, Durdin was on Kennedy for far too long but then Tarrant was getting out marked multiple times. We just can't seem to put a handle on Kennedy, ever.

Our tackling was deplorable, seemingly non-existent. Numbers were low, intensity wasn't there. We played 1 good quarter of footy and that was the 2nd, which even then the best was in the dying minutes.

Goldsteins kicking is putrid, barely any penetration, fumbling, didn't make any impact until the game was over anyway. I'm over it.

And I told you so, anyone who was so gung-ho over bringing Garner in is eating crow, it should've been Hosie and you all know it, even in a belting against Carltons VFL team today he still was one of the best on ground kicking multiple goals meanwhile Garner is wasteful, and not team oriented. I'm done waiting for Garner to 'arrive'. Mason Wood for as long as we've waited on him has a genuine crack and has a right to play in the team and plays great games. Garner is in the rear view mirror for this clubs future.

Trent Dumonts decision making is the absolute pits, and clearly cannot run a ground as wide as Optus, or keep accountable to his opponent.

And that's where Eagles beat us, as any sensible team would, spread hard and run out the game first and you'll beat North any day of the week on a ground like that, with kicking as accurate as theirs and with running capacity as good as theirs. There is no winning, we lack pace, we can't play to wide grounds effectively and we can't get back quick enough going both ways. Essendon did the same albeit faster.

The last 2 weeks I can cop, even the Brisbane one for as rigged as that was, because it was a genuine effort and a gameplan was followed. Today we didn't follow it, it seemed disorganised, little manning up, and just no cohesive movement for nearly the entire game.

Chalk it down as Rhyce's first genuine non-competitive loss and he'll hopefully learn alot from that, its hard to know whether Simpson just knew what were gonna do to a T or the players just didn't listen to Shaw, as for the first time he looked visibly frustrated & confused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ziebel ain't a midfielder. The fact he himself insists that he is I find disturbing. A team leader is meant to have a knowledge and feel for the game. If he can't assess his own contribution then how can he help and lift others?

In all honesty, we were due for a smashing. Just got the sense during the week that going empty-handed in the past two games would drain our energy and take its toll. Add to that the fact that we had to content with back-to-back road trips against two of the premier teams in the comp, and I'm actually pretty happy with the fact that we kept it under 50. Hope the boys (and Shawry) can learn from it and take some positives out of it. Bring on the Hawks next week!

Ziebel ain't a midfielder. The fact he himself insists that he is I find disturbing. A team leader is meant to have a knowledge and feel for the game. If he can't assess his own contribution then how can he help and lift others?
It's the elephant in the room and has been for a long while now.

He must relinquish the captaincy at year end to Taz and concentrate on being a first 18 player on merit.

He is a massive disappointment 10 years after being drafted.

Our midfield is definitely the issue
Scores from stoppages was a disaster.. goldy didnt give us first use, midfield is young, Jy, Tarryn, LDU will get better, cant expect them to dominate every contest .. cunners been down on form since I backed him for the chaz (never again) and we were up a very very classy midfield.. im okay with the loss just for the younger guys experience..

As much as Gerard pisses me off, he is right, fitness is somewhat an issue.. 2017/18 preseason JZ, Higgins and a few others did the utah trip, they didnt this year. I believe everyone needs to hit up altitude in the pre season and certainly need to gain our depth back in D.. poor Durds was on his last legs out there...

Ummm yes he absolutely is. Have you been watching since he moved to the midfield? He might have had an off day today, but his form improved off the charts once he moved into the guts from the forward line. Today was a genuine dog day, we had back-to-back road trips, undoubtedly we were flat from the results of the Essendon and Lions games. Yeah, we had a lot of passengers, including Ziebs, but geez we had a lot of things going against us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back