WA State Election, March 13, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Net assets of 175m. Of which ppe is 100m and another 30m of other non current assets.
The rest just passes through. Its a classic outside mid (handball receives and handballs out).
View attachment 1704172
Its not the 1800s and gold rush times and an intergral part of the economic chain.
Flog it off and take $150m.
The perth mint has delivered 200 million in profit to the wa government in the last ten years.

Source: The Perth Mint | record profit 2019-2020.

Theres a kids story book about a goose that lays golden eggs. I’m convinced you privatise everything folk never got that book read to you as a kid.

$150 million is chump change - that’s selling an asset that delivers a 13% return at that price that means we need less of a tax base to provide services.

This is where we differ in political theory I guess, you are correct in that people in regional areas may feel neglected, but this is where it can be rectified via means other than votes being weighted far higher in regional areas.
Well given that r4r replaced dusty dilapidated facilities that were falling down - and were often 100 or more years old.

What technique to get some money spent outside of the perth to margs region would you suggest?

I mean aside from the one thing in the last hundred years that actually worked - ie r4r?

Ringing the EPA and telling them to back off emissions targets for the resource sector.

I wonder what else will fall out of the tree now that he's gone?

Ringing the EPA and telling them to back off emissions targets for the resource sector.

I wonder what else will fall out of the tree now that he's gone?
everyone knows right that at the very start of the pandemic, following initial briefing by the Feds about lockdowns etc to come, he went to mining companies before his own health dept?

everyone knows right that at the very start of the pandemic, following initial briefing by the Feds about lockdowns etc to come, he went to mining companies before his own health dept?
Arent we lucky that the very wealthy people who told Marko what to do are in a totally different business with a completely different business model to the very wealthy people that told Gladys and Dan what to to.

WA debt, as with all debt, is a function of spending - not tax/income. So linking the two serious issues weakens the entire argument into an envy winge.

WA should just own the mines themselves. Then the likes of nickel where billions of investment are evaporating can be shared around instead of choosing only the profitable and working mine sites to make a point.

WA debt, as with all debt, is a function of spending - not tax/income. So linking the two serious issues weakens the entire argument into an envy winge.

WA should just own the mines themselves. Then the likes of nickel where billions of investment are evaporating can be shared around instead of choosing only the profitable and working mine sites to make a point.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back