Review Walyalup Beat The Reigning Premiers, Time To Book The Bus?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not last team touches, oppo gets the free kick. Easy to umpire, disincentive to hug the boundary and push it out, a throw in, ruck maul, rinse and repeat. It's a blight on the game and would help umps a lot.
It would certainly clear up "insufficient intent" given no one would kick it near the boundary. I quite like how our game uses the full field so I don't know if I would like this change tbh.

Why not last team touches, oppo gets the free kick. Easy to umpire, disincentive to hug the boundary and push it out, a throw in, ruck maul, rinse and repeat. It's a blight on the game and would help umps a lot.

I don't mind that but think it should only be off the boot. Umpires shouldn't have to try to work out who touched it last in a contested situation in a scramble with hands all over place. If its contested OOB then throw it in. If it goes out from the boot, other team gets it.

I agree we need to take the "insufficient intent" thing away. It gives odious little turds like Fisher, Rosebury, Williamson and Chamberlain much more opportunity to get the closeups they seem to desire.

I’ve umpired a couple of games with last touch out
It’s quite tricky because if you are a way off the ball it’s sometimes difficult to tell distinctively who touched it last and it can be contentious ( even though the players know full well who touched it they will try it on )

They also then deliberately bounce it off the opposition to gain a free .
They are pretty sneaky like that .
I didn’t love it
Prefer the traditional rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Back