Review Walyalup Beat The Reigning Premiers, Time To Book The Bus?

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I noticed is that we have overhauled our handballing game. We got creative with a few over the head to someone waiting, and others were short and quick to a runner.

My read is that it was because Stewart would have dropped off and then be able to intercept. Made him accountable almost the whole game.
I think that is an excellent point. I was so pleased to see the limited impact Stewart had in relation to previous games he's played against us. That intercept mark just kills me. Well done Josh!

Just watching the replay and after Amiss scored his snap goal he sat on the bench. Fyfe had been subbed off just before that and it was exciting to see Fyfe talking intently to Amiss (who was paying attention) pointing something out to improve his game.

Reminded me of the master and the apprentice.

I can’t help think that it’s as simple as the fact the midfield is now winning ball.

Darcy has gone hulk mode, O’Meara has found his feet, Brayshaw is back to his best, Unicorn and Fyfe providing the grunt. Serong has played well all year.

the ball is going forward at least as much as it’s going backwards

We won clearances and annihilated them in uncontested possessions and marks yet somehow still lost the inside 50 count which tells me a) our method is still a work in process, we can afford to go more direct and b) our forwardline is becoming much more efficient and will only improve. We're absolutely light years away from those first 5 rounds.

Just watching the replay and after Amiss scored his snap goal he sat on the bench. Fyfe had been subbed off just before that and it was exciting to see Fyfe talking intently to Amiss (who was paying attention) pointing something out to improve his game.

Amiss spoke about that in the interview on the freo website.

It made me sad when I saw Fyfe wasn't even going to be in the 'leadership group', but the respect the younger players have for him is very clear. He might not have the official label, but he 's so important! in comparison, the older players at WCE have been woeful in trying to inspire their younger players.

I was a bit concerned he was giving Amiss goalkicking advice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if the coverage picks it up but Josh Treacy spent a lot of time when he was on the bench up by the boundary line yelling and gesturing like a coach, moving his forwards around and Frederick was doing what he was told.

Josh was setting them up ahead of the ball. I noticed last week he was doing it a bit, but couldn't see off camera obviously, flip side is on the coverage you can see Josh holding back and protecting his team mate ahead to they mark uncontested, putting on blocks etc

Good footballer
Soz been out all day doing grown up s**t, but I've been saying this for a while... You can't quantify what Treacy provides on stats alone. He is a very good footballer and exactly what our forward line needs.

I don't see much love for Walters game? So glad I get to see Sonny play live at the back end of his career. 3 goals and some elite celebrations to match, one of the all time club greats.
It's hard to actually describe how much I just love the bloke in general haha.

And most of the experts on here wanted to end his career last year..

We finally have a ******* forward line

Proud Emma Stone GIF

If you are talking about the Schultz tackle I am absolutely certain it should have been holding the ball. By the time he’d crossed the line he’d already dropped the ball.
I was walking around the ground at that moment and the atmosphere was incredible. Full roar from the crowd. Every single person invested. Haven’t felt anything like it since 2013 to be honest. These supporters know this team is coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back