Review Walyalup Beat The Reigning Premiers, Time To Book The Bus?

Remove this Banner Ad

doesn't seem to like/rate Frederick from what I can see.
I said to my footy companion on Saturday that I thought Freddie was playing well. My companion said Freddie is our barometer, when he plays well we play well, or when we play well he plays well. I think there is a lot of truth in that. He is an outside player, so he is reliant on us winning some hard ball in order to shine.

I said to my footy companion on Saturday that I thought Freddie was playing well. My companion said Freddie is our barometer, when he plays well we play well, or when we play well he plays well. I think there is a lot of truth in that. He is an outside player, so he is reliant on us winning some hard ball in order to shine.
Did I see Freddie playing on the wing, on a forward flank and out of the goal square in that game?

Did I see Freddie playing on the wing, on a forward flank and out of the goal square in that game?
Yeah you did. He was on the wing in front of me for a bit but then to my frustration went to the square ( where he proceeded to takes marks a kick a goal ). No wonder I’m not a coach.😜

Yes, I agree with the others, he has had wing time, probably since Hughes has gone back to defence. I didn’t think I would like this as he is such a dangerous forward when he is on, but I think he has been good there, he is a good kick and the wide open space suits him.

Yeah you did. He was on the wing in front of me for a bit but then to my frustration went to the square ( where he proceeded to takes marks a kick a goal ). No wonder I’m not a coach.😜
They seem to operate on rotating a variety of players through the wings within games for a while now.

They seem to operate on rotating a variety of players through the wings within games for a while now.
Yeah they do which I find annoying! I want the old days back where everyone stayed playing the same position and you could tell which position (players) were on top or being beaten.
Stupid complex game plans that I can’t understand……😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain this to me:

If a player is getting tackled, they've had prior, but step over the boundary line at the last second - Is it still holding the ball? Or is it just throw the ball in?
If it looked like the player was using the boundary as an out and the possession seemed prolonged I would blow a free .
If it all happened very quickly under pressure just throw it in .

We finally have a ******* forward line

Proud Emma Stone GIF
It only took a not Taberner

The vindication is real
To be fair to tabs though ( don’t get me wrong I’m much happier with the current arrangement) , he had Lobb the Flogg up there clogging up space and no lead up forwards to help create it .
Some of his brain curves may have been symptomatic of a dysfunctional forward line .

If it looked like the player was using the boundary as an out and the possession seemed prolonged I would blow a free .
If it all happened very quickly under pressure just throw it in .
This is one of my biggest pet peeves when watching footy.

My view is that if a player would have been dead-for-rights HTB if the boundary line hadn't been there, and the tackle was initiated on the field of play, the free should be paid despite the ball crossing the line.

Some will argue that the ball is dead as soon as it crosses the line which can't be ignored, except that we see constant "insufficient intent" frees paid for players walking the ball over the line.

My view is that if a player would have been dead-for-rights HTB if the boundary line hadn't been there, and the tackle was initiated on the field of play, the free should be paid despite the ball crossing the line.

Some will argue that the ball is dead as soon as it crosses the line which can't be ignored, except that we see constant "insufficient intent" frees paid for players walking the ball over the line.
Our game is hard enough to umpire as it is so there is some benefit to having less grey, but I agree it just seems a cop out.
If it would have been holding the ball if it had stayed on field then call it.

True. They need play until the umps blow the whistle. Players know the rule. They need attempt to disguise it.

Hate seeing players just walk it over or just lie on the ball with no attempts to get rid of it

Why not last team touches, oppo gets the free kick. Easy to umpire, disincentive to hug the boundary and push it out, a throw in, ruck maul, rinse and repeat. It's a blight on the game and would help umps a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back