Game Day WCE v GWS : Sunday May 23 @ 11.10am WST. Delayed telecast, Delayed preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a number of players down. Ryan, need more from him. Fumbles Cripps is at it again - never a clean first touch. Need more from Gaffy and Muddy as link up players. Hopefully, we can find some form in the 2nd half. Need more accuracy too.

Exciting game of footy - two flawed sides going at it and making mistakes, which tends to be enjoyable watching.

I think if we turn it on in the second half we win. Not convinced GWS have another gear to go up, but I think we do.

Feels like a good contest between two middle 6 teams.

GWS the better contested ball winners right now, hopefully the Eagles skills finally get going and put it past them.

This reminds of the Bulldogs game. Absorbed the pressure in the 2nd when we were dominated and are now setup to take the lead. No major brain fades and we should win.

They have had a couple of fluky goals, that won't keep happening.

Nicnat lifted but probably doesn't have the points so he'll be wanting wanting fire up as well.

To be fair, Mumford has won a solitary ruck contest against Naitanui in the first half and all three of his clearances were against Williams.
So head-to-head the best you could say is that he is trying to nullify Naitanui.
However, Naitanui has had 4 clearances, 19 HOs and who knows how many HOs-to-advantage.
Suffice to say Mumford is not doing nearly as well as the commentators are suggesting.

Game of talls and smalls.

Smalls getting dominated by GWS, but West Coast talls are the most decisive thing in the match thus far.

Just 18 tackles for the entire team that half.

Would be nice to see some holding the man frees being paid as well - Kelly in particular is being pulled back at every contest he attends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let it go mate. His rotation is the same every week, and he’s dominant every week. You’ll only drive yourself insane, they’re not changing it.

But this is entirely the point: he surely cannot be tired. Thus, there is no logical reason why he should not be on the ground. If the rationale is "to get in a rotation" then that is utter stupidity. I cannot think of another sport in the world where you would take one of your best players off, to get your 19th best player on, when the aforementioned player is not severely fatigued

Thats like replacing Michael Jordan for Luke Longley and wondering why your scoring options have diminished

No disrespect to Luke, he had a great career 😂

Most of the 2nd was a party in the GWS forward 50 and the WC mids as a group were slogging in quicksand. Pumping some sunshine though as the four points are well within grasp of our stars who should put it to bed.

Officiating is a clown car and the commentary makes me wish Siri or Alexa could take a crack at the microphone. Sounds like Giants home radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back