Roast We lost, [insert scapegoat here] is to blame

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotts been there 8 years it's the way he's set the side up to play,I'm not sure he see's players as straight mids other than for center bounces structures and from there they are all utilities pushing both back and forward as the game and rotations dictate.
Anyway enough of this a serious question I see you get to a bit of the VFL,it's late in the year to be experimenting but could Constable play a role down back this week with Bews out not like for like but might give us some drive.
Nope, I'd bring in Zuthrie.

The forward line is a dysfunctional mess.
I don't know if it's dysfunctional so much as just... no cattle.

There's only really two AFL-grade players up in the forward line - Hawkins, and Menzel. Three if you count Parfitt, though he's really a high half-forward, and doesn't kick that many goals.

The rest - Fogarty, Jones, Narkle, McCarthy and Cockatoo when fit - are raw as rocks, if ever actually available, or it's a midfielder (like Menegola or Kelly) playing out of position.

I don't think it's so much a system problem as an inexperience problem. We'd even just kill for a Josh Green type to kick 35 or so goals a year from a pocket.

I don't know if it's dysfunctional so much as just... no cattle.

There's only really two AFL-grade players up in the forward line - Hawkins, and Menzel. Three if you count Parfitt, though he's really a high half-forward, and doesn't kick that many goals.

The rest - Fogarty, Jones, Narkle, McCarthy and Cockatoo when fit - are raw as rocks, if ever actually available, or it's a midfielder (like Menegola or Kelly) playing out of position.

I don't think it's so much a system problem as an inexperience problem. We'd even just kill for a Josh Green type to kick 35 or so goals a year from a pocket.
Quite possibly true. Very fair.
I would say the lack of CHF does lead to a system problem though.

Fogarty and Jones weak pressure no goal or goal assit forwards let us down every week.
Non contributors that are just baggage.
They're reasonable pressure-wise, but what a ridiculous standard for such young players.

Fogarty is in his first year in the AFL system, full stop.
Jones is in his second year in the system, has played a handful of first-team games and came off the rookie list.

They aren't expected to shoot the lights out.

Quite possibly true. Very fair.
I would say the lack of CHF does lead to a system problem though.
I agree - it looked far better with Ratugolea.

However, a CHF for the sakes of having a CHF is, I think, a bit of a mistake. Hawkins has done quite ok without another tall forward, and frankly there's no natural replacement in the wings. Buzza isn't yet AFL-standard, while Harry and Stanley are square pegs.

I actually seriously would bring him in. I've got a feeling that the MC will be thinking the same as well. I hope that you're ready to melt...
Id bring in Miers. Our smalls seem to struggle to find the goals.
He seems to have a bit of goal nous.
Not a hell of a lot to lose swapping him for Fog or Jones, or choosing him instead of Parsons.
And Yeah, if Stewart doesnt get up it would nearly be a certainty that Zuthrie comes in.
Also if Scooter is unable to at least somewhat negate Mitchell id be trying Constable. Not a hell of a lot to lose either.

I blame the team.
We have lost several games due to the selections.
The team starts slowly and comes home then runs out of steam. Same old pattern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're reasonable pressure-wise, but what a ridiculous standard for such young players.

Fogarty is in his first year in the AFL system, full stop.
Jones is in his second year in the system, has played a handful of first-team games and came off the rookie list.

They aren't expected to shoot the lights out.

It's not a popularity contest, we are playing to win....or are we???
If they’re out there they're accountable surely you can't deny that?

I blame Gary Ablett, missed quite a straight forward shot at goal... looked like an old man that just soiled his pants.
That final stanza was perfectly scripted for our little master to strut his stuff, but he is simply not capable any more of those more extreme goals.

I blame Dangerfield. All you guys here telling me when we first got him how he is gonna - all by his own self - win every game for us for the rest of my life. Ooooh-aaaah, he's so good, and such. Well, he didn't win us the game against Richmond. It's all his fault.

I actually seriously would bring him in. I've got a feeling that the MC will be thinking the same as well. I hope that you're ready to melt...

Bring it on!
images

Id bring in Miers. Our smalls seem to struggle to find the goals.
He seems to have a bit of goal nous.
Not a hell of a lot to lose swapping him for Fog or Jones, or choosing him instead of Parsons.
And Yeah, if Stewart doesnt get up it would nearly be a certainty that Zuthrie comes in.
Also if Scooter is unable to at least somewhat negate Mitchell id be trying Constable. Not a hell of a lot to lose either.
For starters, let's keep Parsons the hell away from our 22. I'd also be giving the job of Mitchell to Scooter, particularly around the stoppages. Too late to debut Constable this year I reckon.

For starters, let's keep Parsons the hell away from our 22. I'd also be giving the job of Mitchell to Scooter, particularly around the stoppages. Too late to debut Constable this year I reckon.
I would too. But if he doesn't stop him somewhat this week id swap him as i dont see the point of him in the side if he cant tag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back