List Mgmt. WE MUST RE-SIGN HAMLING

Remove this Banner Ad

He has been outstanding today.
Not only today but in the few AFL games he played for us this season he was more than serviceable.

I really hope he is not tempted to leave in order to get more AFL games as we need to keep him on our list. He needs a new contract.

Get it done Freo.

His judgement and body work are so far beyond the WAFL it's not funny but I worry he's past it athleticism wise. Bloke can barely turn round if he runs under it now.
Still not like he's gotta play 22 games.
I agree about his turning circle being far from great but I think in recent times his pace has significantly improved and I think he could handle fast leading forwards at AFL level next season.

His judgement and body work are so far beyond the WAFL it's not funny but I worry he's past it athleticism wise. Bloke can barely turn round if he runs under it now.
Still not like he's gotta play 22 games.

There are still a number of clubs he'd get a game at. If he's happy to stay on a one year rookie deal that's a massive win for us

I would just give him a one year deal for 2024.

Experienced player. a solid defender even though he is past his prime.

Dont have a lot of depth outside of Alex Pearce and Brennan cox.

I would just give him a one year deal for 2024.

Experienced player. a solid defender even though he is past his prime.

Dont have a lot of depth outside of Alex Pearce and Brennan cox.
Well we actually do have depth, they're just first year players (Davies and Draper).

But yeah Hamling should stick around another year.

Well we actually do have depth, they're just first year players (Davies and Draper).

But yeah Hamling should stick around another year.
Davies and Draper should get dockers games next season.

Our ruck stocks are similar too. Darcy and Jackson are the main rucks. But Reidy and knobel should of got a game or 2 each in 2023

Back in 2020, he had lots of tall defenders. Pearce, cox, Hamling Logue and even Taylin Duman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic work by the club if we let him go. Draper and Davies are far off. We need to stop making our list younger every year. Critical we keep guys like Hamling at the club. If Pearce/Cox or Ryan get injured we're screwed down back

It would’ve been nice to keep him but some of you are losing your mind, saying it’s critical we keep him.

He has played 6 games in 4 years and most of those were the last 4 of this season. He had a horrific ankle injury and A two year contract for a guy with a flag in his pocket not in our best 22 HAD to be taken by him. Is he in Sydney’s best 22, I’m not sure he is.

We might find someone, we might not but Ryan & Chapman can play tall. This won’t be the difference between finals and not let’s just say that.

It would’ve been nice to keep him but some of you are losing your mind, saying it’s critical we keep him.

He has played 6 games in 4 years and most of those were the last 4 of this season. He had a horrific ankle injury and A two year contract for a guy with a flag in his pocket not in our best 22 HAD to be taken by him. Is he in Sydney’s best 22, I’m not sure he is.

We might find someone, we might not but Ryan & Chapman can play tall. This won’t be the difference between finals and not let’s just say that.
Well I mean, Hamling is handy depth.

I would've preferred to keep him but depth leaving is never the end of the world.

Just things are a bit dodge if Pearce or Cox goes down long term.

Pathetic work by the club if we let him go. Draper and Davies are far off. We need to stop making our list younger every year. Critical we keep guys like Hamling at the club. If Pearce/Cox or Ryan get injured we're screwed down back
Very disappointed that Joel is going to Sydney. That’s a lot of experience that’s just walked out the door.

It seems like we dropped the ball with this only offering a more attractive contract to Joel at the eleventh hour. That was obviously a major error in judgement on our part.

Sydney seem to be going hard at quite a few players across the AFL offering longer and bigger contracts so it doesn’t surprise me that he is heading to that club.

Very disappointed that Joel is going to Sydney. That’s a lot of experience that’s just walked out the door.

It seems like we dropped the ball with this only offering a more attractive contract to Joel at the eleventh hour. That was obviously a major error in judgement on our part.

Sydney seem to be going hard at quite a few players across the AFL offering longer and bigger contracts so it doesn’t surprise me that he is heading to that club.
so did we drop the ball or is Sydney just offering too much too resist? Can't have it both ways otherwise it's like listening to Hagdorn or Suma - offered more and he stayed "Freo overpaid for depth" - didn't offer enough and he left "Freo dropped the ball".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back