Podcast Weekly North Melbourne Podcast: The Stern Look

Shinboner/Villian of the Week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can there be a discussion around fan faves v fan whipping boys? Jack, Mason, and others seem to get a free pass while Gibbo, JMac and others make one mistake and there are calls for sacking, and worse.

Great episode

Yeah I am a bit behind. Also I don't know remember who said what, so forgive this:

One thing, I guess a statement disguised as a statement:
someone keeps talking about how North should refuse to trade for Kelly and take him in preseason draft. This would mean anyone that finishes below us would get him to pick him up at his nominated price (9yrs/9mill). Assume that, at least, Carlton and Brisbane will finish under us and get a free crack at him. It seems obvious to me that:
a) they both would have the money
b) they both would want him for nothing
Am I missing something? How could a preseason draft work without us coming last?
That would have been Phillyroo.

Would ******* over GWS like Philly is suggesting be astronomically dumb considering they could be an absolute Alladins Cave of top-end talent for at least the next decade?

Would ******* over GWS like Philly is suggesting be astronomically dumb considering they could be an absolute Alladins Cave of top-end talent for at least the next decade?
Nope, but gifting those cheating entitled scumbags with two first round picks would make them impossible to beat for the next 15 years... I don't know about you, but I don't fancy making the opposition stronger.

Nope, but gifting those cheating entitled scumbags with two first round picks would make them impossible to beat for the next 15 years... I don't know about you, but I don't fancy making the opposition stronger.
I suppose I get your logic mate, but he is potentially in their best 5 players for the next 10 years. If we engineer a way to get him where they aren't compensated, good luck next time they have a player we're after. And logic tells you they will be the best source club for young talent for the foreseeable future.

And I stand by it, we have the ability to make an offer that NO ONE else can match, so we would then get him.

Okay now I understand, you want us to up the original offer so we don't have to trade for him.

I still think Carlton and especially Brisbane can match anything we can, but now I understand your point you don't need to do this on air of you don't want to

Where's the music?

the police academy

Thanks Nate7 for the enthusiasm after my whipping boy answer. Friends like this hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the same question, only to realise I hadn't switched the speakers on yet....

We were discussing pre show of using the music from the scene in police academy where they go to the blue oyster.

Should have opened with some Soundgarden

Defense = Tick
Forward = Super
Midfield = We got smashed yet again (and that's including a domination by Goldy and super performance by Cunners)

How do we fix this?

KELLY%20Josh.png
33b60.MARTIN_Dustin.png

Back