Universal Love Welcome Sam Gibson :)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was available as a delisted free agent though surely?

We weren't going to use 91 anyway, so it's the same thing.

I assume Reid has a KPI in his contract that requires him to push through a certain number of trades. Thus Wigg and Gibson go as nothing trades instead of delisted free agents and Reid gets his bonus :p

This was totally unexpected yet so worth it. With Brodie out next year, Gibson will slot right in! Unsure why he wasn't given another contract at north, really composed their backline and was hard and tough in the centre. Always rated him! Welcome Gibbo :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of luck to Gibbo.

He is an elite runner, elite trainer and a very genuine fella. At worst he is going to be very valuable in a leadership/training standards role for the younger guys. He has had an incredibly good run with injury and I can't see anything that would suggest this wont continue.

Can play a role on as a running winger or alternatively he can tighten up on a player. He has done some terrific shutdown jobs for us over the years.

His kicking can be a little hit and miss but it has vastly improved over the last 2 seasons compared to earlier on in his career. He is particularly good in front of goal when given the chance!

Wish him nothing but success with you guys!

How quick is he?

Takes over from Thompson as the designated clanger king. Will also offset the silky skills Bryce Gibbs brings to the club.

Last edited:
Best of luck to Gibbo.

He is an elite runner, elite trainer and a very genuine fella. At worst he is going to be very valuable in a leadership/training standards role for the younger guys. He has had an incredibly good run with injury and I can't see anything that would suggest this wont continue.

Can play a role on as a running winger or alternatively he can tighten up on a player. He has done some terrific shutdown jobs for us over the years.

His kicking can be a little hit and miss but it has vastly improved over the last 2 seasons compared to earlier on in his career. He is particularly good in front of goal when given the chance!

Wish him nothing but success with you guys!

A great addition to our list IMO. Will play some games. Maybe hopefully squeeze Mackay out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back