Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

I was more asking who were the players who had displayed better form for longer that his selection was disrespectful to.

Remember Lefau is well known to the club as he has been playing in our VFL team for a few years now.
I think Cumberland, Clarke & Mcaulifee should have been in the 22 before Lefau.

I think Cumberland, Clarke & Mcaulifee should have been in the 22 before Lefau.

You probably wouldn't say McAuliffe has displayed better form for longer but also he is a midfielder, and the position available was as a forward, so he would be unsuitable.

Clarke is coming off a somewhat restricted pre-season, and is being eased into a full playing load, so this would be at least one reason to elevate Lefau over him in Rd 2.

And Cumberland's last known AFL form was beyond putrid. He has clearly been asked to alter the way he plays and he seems to be trying to reinforce these changes at VFL level, the correct place to do that.

You probably wouldn't say McAuliffe has displayed better form for longer but also he is a midfielder, and the position available was as a forward, so he would be unsuitable.

Clarke is coming off a somewhat restricted pre-season, and is being eased into a full playing load, so this would be at least one reason to elevate Lefau over him in Rd 2.

And Cumberland's last known AFL form was beyond putrid. He has clearly been asked to alter the way he plays and he seems to be trying to reinforce these changes at VFL level, the correct place to do that.
He was more impressive in the pre-seasons games for me. i know it's early to say his form has been better for longer. but just the way I feel he get his opportunity so im not worried.

The FD want players to play certain roles within the team. As the role becomes available, they play the player who has displayed the most attributes suited to that role. This forces players like Cumberland to expand their game if they want to get picked. It is slightly encouraging he seems to be focussing more on the defensive aspects of the game in the VFL recently.

Are you going to judge Lefau on his first game for the club? His player rating was 3.8 which is poor, though far from worst on ground. 12 players rated lower, and his opponent opponent Aliir barely rated higher at 4.6. Out of interest, Cumberland rated lower than Lefau's 3.8 in his last 6 matches at AFL level, and in 10 of his 18 matches overall.
You have to compare his rating to only players that were playing in a position similar to his. That’s tripe about picked for playing a particular role bc his role at vfl is barely at the standard as he often just plays in tiny patches. His selection was utter bull s**t and made us one short on the day. Stop flogging another dead horse.

Last edited:
Own up, who else thought when he was going back on the angle for his first goal yesterday that he'd belly flop the ball into the crowd halfway around the Shane Warne Stand? 😂
I didn’t look , I do it a bit these days , was pleasantly surprised , I think he can do a job for us and hold up an end in Noah’s absence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need No 1 AND No 2 for a while. someone has to be N0 3

Ryan, Crayfish are way taller than Lynch, Kosi about Balta's height.

3rd talls are not ready like Bauer.

I'm guessing it will be Kosi, Lefau and Ryan as 3rd tall/ruck relief.

Going to be a very ordinary 4-12 weeks with this line up.

Hopefully they can just bring it to ground for the smalls.

HRS has been very good in every game at VFL level. He'll get another shot at seniors soon.

Agree he's started the VFL year well but personally I feel like I've seen enough to write him off as a VFL only player myself.

What role do you see him playing if he comes in?

We are forced to replace 2 key forwards and Baker as a small utility. I thought Banks needs some VFL time, hasn't looked up to it.

Like for like and best talent available I would be bringing in Kosi (Lynch), Ryan (Balta), Dusty & McAuliffe.

What has Kosi done in the VFL ? And you are telling me im kidding

Not enough, but structurally I think we need tall forward options.

We could go with just Ryan & Lefau with Ryan to ruck relief but sheesh that's going to be a short forward line when he's relieving Nank.

Agree he's started the VFL year well but personally I feel like I've seen enough to write him off as a VFL only player myself.

What role do you see him playing if he comes in?

We are forced to replace 2 key forwards and Baker as a small utility. I thought Banks needs some VFL time, hasn't looked up to it.

Like for like and best talent available I would be bringing in Kosi (Lynch), Ryan (Balta), Dusty & McAuliffe.
HRS's biggest problem in the past was turning on the jets and then just hoicking it as far as he could which more often then not landed in the lap of an oppo player. That's where the butcher tag comes from. He's been purely going for metres gained and hoping it comes off.

The change I've seen in the VFL this year is he's slowing down a bit and actually hitting players. He's average by foot but he's playing within his limitations and he looks a lot better.

Side note Shorty is doing exactly what we've roasted HRS for doing this year in the AFL and it's pissing me off. No-look, boot the bladder out of it kicks to oppo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back