Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if Mykelti will make it - I certainly hope so...

One thing I do see from his performances already, on Sunday and in front of the media is that wonderful gentle and respectful nature that his culture so often provides.
I have worked in a couple of Kiwi businesses and gotten to know a lot of Maori and Islander people - they are always wonderful humans and even if Mykelti battles to make the grade as a player I am sure he will contribute plenty to the club in other non-tangible ways.

Can't wait for his next game....
Well said roachy
100 % agree about Maori
And islander culture
Beautiful people ❤️

Good luck Mykelti.

Just run hard, look at the footy at all times and jump high.

The marks, the trees and the goals will come.

It’s that easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a nice story but unfortunately that is where it might end. No one at that level is scared of him like everyone reckons they will be.
If anything they will be laughing as they run away from him and jump over him.
He is way way way off the standard

Really think we only planed to bring him late in the game as a sub where his natural attributes would of really punished playing against more fatigued opponents but because he played the entire game he was exposed alot more than initially planned

Glad we gave him a taste but needs another month or so in the vfl continuing to hone his craft

Really think we only planed to bring him late in the game as a sub where his natural attributes would of really punished playing against more fatigued opponents but because he played the entire game he was exposed alot more than initially planned

Glad we gave him a taste but needs another month or so in the vfl continuing to hone his craft

I thought it was more cover for Balta and structure once Broad went out, if they had to swing Balta back then LeFau would be subbed on and play forward.

Obviously with MRJ a late scratching it changed that approach.

Good to get exposure at the level against a quality side. Expect him to go back to VFL level but will be better for the run.

Great story and I'm sure he will be better as he spends more time in the system, but he was pretty clueless out there. I went along yesterday super excited to watch him, so found myself watching him off ball quite a bit, he just doesn't seem to have the footy brain yet.

If I was to give him some leniency, having Ratagolea and Aliir on him in every contest is a bloody hard intro to footy. Those two are absolute giants.

He's kind of an awkward size, I don't think he's good enough overhead to be a 3rd tall, but is he mobile enough to be able to give us some x-factor up forward?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back