Welcome to Tigerland - David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

We're are going backwards. Terrible acquisition from a coaching perspective, with all due respect to the bloke. WTF is going on at Punt Rd. This is starting to look like a guide on 'how not to handle success'. We can (and should) do better.
What’s the knock on him?

Apologies for the intrusion, but please don't let what happened at Carlton muddy your judgement of Teaguey too much. He was perhaps out of his depth as senior coach at times, as I suspect anyone might've been in the circumstances (not an easy gig, that), but his record and reputation as an assistant, with us, Adelaide and West Coast is exemplary. Was a little rigid at times, and slow to make changes (be that tactically on game day, or at the selection table), but he'll be better for it, and will be back in his wheelhouse as an assistant with more set and targeted responsibilities, I believe.

I reckon Teague will thrive at a club where there will be more support, a sense of 'team', and a stronger culture and whatnot - he'll find the contrast to be a stark one, I think, and will revel in your relative professionalism.

He's a ripper of a bloke, and I wish him (and you guys) well. Cheers.
Good on you mate, welcome anytime.

Seriously? I know we rolled them in a somewhat of an upset, but their attacking play in 2017 was seriously impressive.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
Mate i was being sarcastic with all the crap that's been posted lately in nearly all the threads here lately .
Sorry i didn't make it clearer .
Anyway i think it's a good appointment.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We're are going backwards. Terrible acquisition from a coaching perspective, with all due respect to the bloke. WTF is going on at Punt Rd. This is starting to look like a guide on 'how not to handle success'. We can (and should) do better.
Thanks for your input Carro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure you felt the same way when Leppa joined our coaching group.

Would probably be a better head coach the second time around in a few years, but the AFL world is pretty unforgiving and that ship might have sailed.
A bit like Leppa - looked all at sea in charge of the Lions at a pretty tough time in their history. But compare his efforts in front of the media at Brisbane to his current-day TV role and he's polished and confident.

Straight swap for Adam Kingsley ?
Fair enough.

But please, Pies. You don't need to send us Buckley for Craig McCrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back