Master post

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Additional Rules:
Trade Week - the Freagle Captain can recruit one Eagle in exchange for a packet of chips, but they have to do it within the first three rounds.

HeavenChat - discussion between dead/exiled players is quarantined from the thread in a PM group I'll establish after the first lynching.

Preseason Competition - consisting of a day where everyone can establish themselves and their characters prior to the first kill.

No Runners - no PMs between active competitors, all strategy talk conducted in thread.

Converting - if the Freagle Captain converts the Match Analyst or the Club Doctor, a new player will be picked to fill that role. A new player will not be picked to replace the Club Doctor if the power to save an attacked player has already been used.

ACTIVE ROLES:
Freagle Captain
- can convert an Eagle during Trade Week (see above).

Freagle - work it out, Einstein.

Match Analyst - the MA can ask the compere about any player to find out whether they're the Freagle or not, but only once per round. They have to find a way to convince people to follow their lead without being identified by the Freagles as the MA, or risk death!

Club Doctor - every night, after the Freagles have picked who to kill the Club Doctor will be given the opportunity to save them, but they can only use this power once. They can save it for themselves (assuming they aren't evicted) or use it to save someone else. After that, they'll have run out of panadol and caffeine tablets.

ACTIVE PLAYERS
ZergMinionScott Watters
Dazzler10Brett Jones
gueroChris Lewis
DoashueyJohn Gastev
BarrybranBen Cousins

DEAD PLAYERS
OMGFridgeRick "the Rock" Eagle
Smeg HeadAdrian Barich
ashley12Ash Smith - the Match Analyst
squashfaceTrevor Nisbett - the Freagle Recruit
MWPPJack Darling
CM9000Tom Hickey
OchreSmash Mouth dude
QuinzBarack Obama
RookiePickWally Matera
wing itMichael Braun
Carbine ChaosDavid Grace, QC

DEAD TO ME PLAYERS
avishka 5 - Abang

Last edited:

The Eagles still lost when PMs were allowed. I think the overanalysis is what lets the Freagles win. People construct elaborate theories in their heads and hold on to them tightly.

You also really wasted a lot of lynches on unlikely Freagles this game.

Ash's idea of everyone posting a name each day as either villager or Freagle was sound IMO. The only problem was not announcing it before the roles were assigned, making him look suspect and ended up in his unmasking on day 1. Smeg's fake doctor claim was a disaster too.

I don't think the overanalysing was the problem, more some villagers phoning it in and providing such little strategy that they looked like Freagles and got lynched..

Ash's idea of everyone posting a name each day as either villager or Freagle was sound IMO. The only problem was not announcing it before the roles were assigned, making him look suspect and ended up in his unmasking on day 1. Smeg's fake doctor claim was a disaster too.

I don't think the overanalysing was the problem, more some villagers phoning it in and providing such little strategy that they looked like Freagles and got lynched..
I 100% concur with this. I was sh!tting myself when it was concocted and wanted to discredit it. Fortuitously wing it took it to be a Freagle ploy from ashley12 and I piggybacked on that from memory. The result was everyone turning on Ash and him declaring himself the seer. It could not have worked out any better, it really couldn't. And the cherry on top was a list of villager names for us to kill every night without raising suspicions. Mmmwah

The first few days of this game was bloody hilarious. So much going on. It was a pity I was out bush when Smeg Head did his doctor thing, that would have been fun to witness in real time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely thought for a moment that I was a chance to skate through again until Barrybran forgot to log on and save me when I was lynched

Your vote would still hilariously have been a few seconds late :D Though we never did get an official ruling from Trucko for this game. 9pm will be too late in mine unless there's an actual tie so you'll want 8:59 next time.

Your vote would still hilariously have been a few seconds late :D Though we never did get an official ruling from Trucko for this game. 9pm will be too late in mine unless there's an actual tie so you'll want 8:59 next time.
If Barry voted then you flipped then my vote would have been the tiebreak
edit: that may not be right but I am a few red wines deep

I suspect that Barry's absence from that vote saved him some scrutiny.

It did. Forgetting to turn up for a day is a great misdirection for a Freagle :)

Should have really twigged when he said he was voting for Ash again because he did last game when both the Eagle and the player were different to last time. (Ash Hansen/Truckosaurus vs Ash Mcintosh/Ashley12).

Signs were all there...just didn't pick the right ones. I reckon with a couple of extra competent villagers we might have got that done :)

When Doashuey started claiming innocence he was somewhat convincing, and I knew if he was innocent it was going to be you and Barry. If Doashuey had actually not guessed wrong twice trying to save himself there's a small chance we could have turned that around.

Eagles sucked right up to the end :D

My one suggestion is Freagles shouldn't be allowed to chat in the PM's about a anything but the kill

I actually like this.

IRL the wolves pick a kill. Then its day time and everyone else is able to see everything. Wolves shouldn't be able to plot while voting is happening (I.e deciding to sacrifice a wolf etc). All those decisions should be made independently as they would IRL (You cant just ask the village to close their ears during the day to talk to a wolf)

I actually like this.

IRL the wolves pick a kill. Then its day time and everyone else is able to see everything. Wolves shouldn't be able to plot while voting is happening (I.e deciding to sacrifice a wolf etc). All those decisions should be made independently as they would IRL (You cant just ask the village to close their ears during the day to talk to a wolf)
Having a PM is one of the perks of the game. It's about misdirection and deceit.

The Eagles are 0/5 so that does suggest balance issues
Some ideas to offset it
-have a Flog PM
-have a Vigilante with a night kill every second night
-have a fake seer

No idea how active evil PMs are in these games as I’m yet to be evil but the suggestion to only allow pm chatter during night is a decent leveliser

Having a PM is one of the perks of the game. It's about misdirection and deceit.
Exactly, so do that in the thread. Misdirection is so much easier if you can also be planning privately while you're trying to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back