Preview West Coast vs. Port Adelaide - 5.40pm 19 of April @Pattersons Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I think similar to the North game, West Coast are one of those teams vying hard for that top 8 respect and will be hunting us hard to prove a point, especially after their woeful last 3 quarters last week.
We absolutely need a fast start on this one.

Terrible preview. You couldn't get somebody literate and intelligent, Port Board?

Naitanui is no certainty to miss; if he does, I really don't expect Sinclair to come back in. I think Simpson agrees with most of we keyboard warriors when we say 2 rucks is the way to go. Given how the Cats ran all over us, more running players is a must. Glass is a definite to return as well (nice research Noobz).

Our changes, in my opinion, may be closer to... (speculative changes in italics, may not happen)

OUT: Naitanui, McGinnity, Butler, Schofield, Colledge

IN: Glass, Shuey, Rosa, Hutchings, Tunbridge

Not the standard of reply I would expect from a moderator :thumbsdown:

My big prediction for this week - Bobby Carlisle to kick a goal. I've noticed him loitering inside our forward 50 a couple of times this year already and, but for a little fumble or a give-off to someone in a better position, he would've had a ping.

well that's because he was probably getting bored standing still for most of the match. I'm not sure the ball went into our defense much during the 113 point win.

West Coast generally play Pattersons extremely well and have a formidable record there, they have a quality best 22 and have a pretty good record against us.

Umm what? We have a great record against them 16 & 9, they also won the first 3 we ever played.

He'll get up, his a freak tbh. How will Port get up? No way, we got them covered, where are they going to get their goals from? E-Mac wills stitch up Schuls and we just need to watch out for the hoff and we'll be fine they really don't have a potent forward, so can't see how they will put a winning score.

Schulz 7 Goals last week (almost double your teams goals from last week) and currently leading the Coleman, Westhoff, Matt White and Sam Gray with 3 each. Also 11 different goal-kickers for the team, not to mention we'll most likely have Wingard back.

That's where we'll get our goals from on Saturday I think.

I'm in the same boat, $60-70 to sit behind the goals where you can see s**t all, should've got organised earlier.

I wouldn't have missed a Port game at Subi since I was 8 years old.
Would've thought there'd be a buttload of Weagles supporters heading down South for the Easter weekend. There'll be all these prime seats just going begging :(

Only place I can find half decent tickets is viagogo, for "Section 300s" for $129 each. Surely there's better than that around somewhere.

Would've thought there'd be a buttload of Weagles supporters heading down South for the Easter weekend. There'll be all these prime seats just going begging :(

Only place I can find half decent tickets is viagogo, for "Section 300s" for $129 each. Surely there's better than that around somewhere.

Yeah that's just too much. None of my mates, who were why I decided not to get an interstate membership, would be willing to pay that either. I might put the money toward a finals travel fund to try and convince myself to accept this.

Saturday's my birthday too :(

Think we might just lose this one, not usually negative but I think this is a do or die game for the Eagles. Being at Subi, they will go hell for leather to get over the line. But as always, we will get what we deserve and our best can cause damage... gonna be a good game regardless

Someone from the other mob cracks a joke in what seems to be friendly banter and we got the precious few jumping at his throat. No wonder no one from the opposition likes to come on here and have a decent discussion. Seriously guys just let it go guys.

FWIW, I liked the preview :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a decent seat in block 340, more or less behind the goals in the second tier.

We normally have pretty tight battles with West Coast and I don't think this will be any exception. The heat I don't think is an issue because it's a 5:40 bounce down and most of the heat of a typical Perth day is gone by then. Interesting little test for us, no real excuse for not giving a good account of ourselves.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Any idea which end our cheer squad sits in? Not that I'll have trouble hearing them wherever I sit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think we might just lose this one, not usually negative but I think this is a do or die game for the Eagles. Being at Subi, they will go hell for leather to get over the line. But as always, we will get what we deserve and our best can cause damage... gonna be a good game regardless

Do or Die? They're 3 and 1 with a 141% and sitting in 4th.

Do or Die? They're 3 and 1 with a 141% and sitting in 4th.

It is an 8 point game however, I love cliche's, so it does have alot on the line. As will our follow up game to Geelong.

Umm what? We have a great record against them 16 & 9, they also won the first 3 we ever played.
* me, it just gets worse and worse for Noobz this week.

Last time I write the preview drunk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back