West Coast - where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid comment is stupid, just like all those that said Priddis was a liability and that he would be replaced and automatically upgraded by a young kid with skill and speed!!!
I didn’t say Priddis was a liability. Priddis was all heart which is now glaringly lacking in the eagles midfield.
Hurn is a totally different story. He is an ordinary, uninspiring player that can kick a long way.

Hurn is a freak.

Looked about 30 when drafted and still looks the same age over a decade later.

If by 30 you mean 47 then yes you have a point.

I remember him in his first game in 2006. Ran (if you can call his style of movement running) into the square, got the ball then kicked it from 55 straight over the goal umpire into the fence. Man child.

And here it is:

Look thats a fair opinion, however you OP on this topic well, it was just trash!

Not to mention, bringing this up after a JLT match!
JLT or not. His vanilla style won't change.
The trash you speak of is the exact sentiment of many West Coast supporters.
I have a feeling you're living up to your name here and having a lend. Either that or you sat in the same waiting room with Shannon at ashley & martin as 20yr olds and you have a soft (bald) spot for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he is . Funny thing is every wc fan ive come across swore black and blue shuey would take over this year ...it was put to a vote by the players and low behold they picked hurn,clearly shuey is a figjam not liked by most of his teammates

Aptly describes Fyfe and he got made captain :drunk:

Cats are in real trouble we lost both our games!

You campaigners are ****en dumb.

I like many don't have WCE in the 8, but campaigners going off the JLT are just ludicrous. The only team who warrants any respect is Richmond based on what they have did, proven, and continue to do.

I'll reckon they'll miss Petrie. Despite the nonsense of WC topping up thinking they could still be premiership contenders last year, Petrie performed above expectations. He averaged twice as many marks and goals per game than Nic Nat (based on Nic Nat's 2016 season).

I'll reckon they'll miss Petrie. Despite the nonsense of WC topping up thinking they could still be premiership contenders last year, Petrie performed above expectations. He averaged twice as many marks and goals per game than Nic Nat.

Topping up? Not sure bringing in Mitchell for free and some coverage for all our rucks being injured fits that description but OK.

Petrie averaged 12 hitouts and a goal a game as the #2 ruck behind Vardy. Definitely exceeded my expectations but as a ruckman he is nothing special. Was handiest having him when Kennedy was out, and he was great in the final against Port. Was good to see him go out with a better send off than North gave him.

I'll reckon they'll miss Petrie. Despite the nonsense of WC topping up thinking they could still be premiership contenders last year, Petrie performed above expectations. He averaged twice as many marks and goals per game than Nic Nat (based on Nic Nat's 2016 season).
And that's why sometimes you need to look up from the stats and watch the game. Petrie did far better than I expected, but even a hampered Nic Nat will be more valuable to us.

I didn’t say Priddis was a liability. Priddis was all heart which is now glaringly lacking in the eagles midfield.
I'm not sure that's the correct diagnosis. WC lack speed and skill in the middle. Priddis wouldn't have helped matters. We had him for the past two years and the midfield was shit then for the same reasons.

Sorry, what?

Petrie was fine last season but he was brought in as a very temporary stopgap after Naitanui went down. Given he spent more time playing forward than Naitanui would have, is it really surprising that he kicked more goals?

WC have some problems but Petrie's absence is pretty far down the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back