Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Better than Stoinis' mid 30's average.
Stoinis is in contention as an all rounder. He's better performed as a bat than most of the others in contention, except Maxwell, Cartwright (although I wouldn't classify him as an AR) and maybe Henriques.

Stoinis is in contention as an all rounder. He's better performed as a bat than most of the others in contention, except Maxwell, Cartwright (although I wouldn't classify him as an AR) and maybe Henriques.
So he’s performed better than everyone except for the only two other realistic options for his spot?

That’s a ringing endorsement. :)

So he’s performed better than everyone except for the only two other realistic options for his spot?

That’s a ringing endorsement. :)
From what I can gather Faulkner (I know), Head, Henriques and even Wildermuth are in contention. He's better than all of them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stoinis given a go this ashes. Would be a better all rounder option than cartwright for sure and whilst I do like Henriques, he has had a lot of opportunities and doesn't seem to play as well at international level as he does at state.

Give me Henriques over Stoinis every day of the week, personally.
Henriques is a better bowler by a mile. Stoinis edges him for batting though IMO

I wouldn't mind seeing Stoinis given a go this ashes. Would be a better all rounder option than cartwright for sure and whilst I do like Henriques, he has had a lot of opportunities and doesn't seem to play as well at international level as he does at state.
Stoinis averaged 17 in the Shield last season. Shouldn't be in contention unless he smashes a few early 100s for WA.

His ability as an all-rounder is irrelevant as Smith never bowls the AR anyway. Should just pick the form/best batsman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not totally defending it, but Maxy did seem to show some signs that his powers were waning last summer and wasn't quite his prolific self in the county season either.

I can see both points of view, but the backing of the "recruit" is an understandable selection position IMO.

Klinger was pretty average towards the end of the last Shield Season. Definitely felt that he and Voges were playing because everyone wanted to give them the chance to get good rather than be the guy to shoot bambi.

I don't think either quite reached droppable levels.

Klinger was pretty average towards the end of the last Shield Season. Definitely felt that he and Voges were playing because everyone wanted to give them the chance to get good rather than be the guy to shoot bambi.
This could be my memory failing me, but Klinger seemed to be quite the feast or famine type player last year, while mostly being on the famine side of things

I don't think either quite reached droppable levels.
I think both were somewhat fortunate that there wasn't much in the way of alternate options in that 2nd half of the season especially

Remove this Banner Ad

Back