Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see who drops off the contracted list next year. Looking at it the ones who seem like the most likely are:

S.Marsh (Retired)

Gannon (Been a big disappointment)

Moody (Just depth these days)

Bryce Jackson (Got awarded a full contract but doesn’t look like he played all year at any level, Injured? Anyone have any info on him?)

Also if Behrendorff isn’t playing Shield would they risk not offering him a contract but still selecting him for the 50 over games similar to what they did with Tye? IIRC the reason for doing this was because they wanted to prioritise Shield contracts for guys available for both formats.

Good thing I’m not a selector. I take back what I said about Gannon…

Man would love to see Teague find his feet next season as well Goodwin building from his late season form. WA genuinely have a squad to Win it again next season.

Oh would be nice to see Coops break into the shield team permanently

Outstanding. I thought we were gone a month back. Just brilliant belief/resilience within the group. Bancroft out could have been a huge distraction but how good to reward D.Short with a shield win.
Glad we stuck with Goodwin, he will be a player, and Connolly is just incredible.
Great reward for Gannon who really was the first big recruitment a few years back as we were resetting, it probably hasn't worked out on field for him until now, but what a role he played.
Roccicoli is a far better player than I gave him credit for.
And what about the players who have played in all 3 Shield wins, Whiteman, Cartwright, Hardie, Paris and Roccicoli. Just brilliant. Legacy defining.

Apparently Rocchiccioli had the flu the first few days and was cramping in the field. Legendary performance, he wouldve been a bigger loss than Bancroft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised to see Agar and Richardson haven’t featured in any of the three-peat.

I swear richardson got injured during the BBL in the last three years. Times slipping away for him.

Mentioned in articles we are looking at Baxter Holt (NSW keeper) and Brody Couch (Vic / Melb Stars)
Phillippe officially gone to NSW
Philippe had a terrible year. Should get plenty of opportunities to keep his spot at NSW. People are quick to quip “he’ll be in the test team soon”. The current reality is that NSW are a shell of a team depth wise and have been for years. No test debutants since Kurtis Patterson in 2018, and still relying on veteran horses like Henriques.

Philippe had a terrible year. Should get plenty of opportunities to keep his spot at NSW. People are quick to quip “he’ll be in the test team soon”. The current reality is that NSW are a shell of a team depth wise and have been for years. No test debutants since Kurtis Patterson in 2018, and still relying on veteran horses like Henriques.
Yeah part of me is sad another hopeful for Philippe but it has been discussed for some time ...him moving to NSW

There is not doubt the lad has talent just hasn't been able to nail it in the FC arena....fingers crossed he goes well for NSW as Cricket Australia will be stronger with Phillippe back in form

thanks for your contribution to WA cricket Josh

Philippe will look a million bucks next to Gilkes or whatever spud NSW have at WK next year.

For Aust cricket, I hope Philippe delivers on his talent. Though for WA cricket, especially in the red ball format, the fella has had more then enough opportunities. Hopefully when Inglis is away, young Curtis can find his feet at the FC level.

Sad to see Philippe go, but given he's treading the same road as many number two keepers before him there's no hard feelings from me.

Would like us to lock Curtis in, but I don't mind what I've seen of Baxter Holt either if we are looking at him.

Don't think there are too many screaming holes list-wise otherwise; would prefer we back Beardman/Vernon/Greer in rather than looking interstate for any additional quicks.

Fantastic to claim both the One-Day Cup and Sheffield this season. The side overcame so much adversity in 2023/24 with unavailability due to international selection and to be able to claim both trophies with key players missing is an impressive achievement. :thumbsu:

The best thing about the success is we have so many players playing for the national side or pushing for national honours, and that is testament to the work that the WACA has done over the past few years, particularly Adam Voges as coach and Christina Matthews from an administration perspective.

All in all, the WACA should be very proud over the success exhibited in the past three seasons with hopefully much more to follow in the coming years. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back