Preview Western Bulldogs 2013 Membership Count

Remove this Banner Ad

wow, maybe it was unrealistic to think we could keep up with the 2011 figures?
It's coming along rather slowly, even with the (mostly) good news of the off-season, which is why it's vital we put the score on the board when the footy starts, even in practice games. We're up to...

Looking at that graph, and considering we aren't going to win the flag this year so it's not like we need to guard against peaking early, I would say that our coaching group MUST to coach and select our team to win the NAB cup. It's possibly worth up to 3/4 of a million bucks for us, which would then be of massive benefit in footy department spending to accelerate player development and deliver us a premiership long term.

$750K comes from 5000 members ($500K) prize money (from memory $150K), and then $100K extra gate revenues until the hype dies down. Even if it gets us half a million though, it's still very much worth it.

I wonder how much influence Simon Garlick has on football department issues?

Looking at that graph, and considering we aren't going to win the flag this year so it's not like we need to guard against peaking early, I would say that our coaching group MUST to coach and select our team to win the NAB cup.
We're up against Collingwood and Essendon first round - I for one don't fancy our chances! :oops:

Vzka3.png

Although it doesn't really look it, this week (alone) was better then it was in 2011 and 2012.
It has been going at about 60 a day and if that continues then that will be good. However towards the end of January the pace picks up for the other years, so hopefully it will too for us. Luckily, it seems in the results of around the nab cup that occur seem to be pretty constant and independent of how we actually do. 2010 is the only year with a giant difference and that was when we won it. It seems to be far more important as to what happens when the season starts and what the mood is about the club. 2012 we didn't start too badly, but I imagine it was the lack of confidence that led to such poor results from March on.

ihUeU.jpg

Nice one Tommycash. It seems you have filled in some missing dates I have missed. Do you mind putting them in the new template. I think it would be better as it has more detail instead of just the lines. It would help the people who didn't download the sheet be more informed of the numbers.

http://db.tt/wUt97jpP

ihUeU.jpg

Nice one Tommycash. It seems you have filled in some missing dates I have missed. Do you mind putting them in the new template. I think it would be better as it has more detail instead of just the lines. It would help the people who didn't download the sheet be more informed of the numbers.

http://db.tt/wUt97jpP
Definitely, I dig where you took it. It's rad. Would you like me to send it to you as well? Ah, I see you more or less have them all, and more. good business.

HAo4Tzz.png

Sorry again it's not the new look graph. Interestingly, in about 2 months we've gone from 2000 shy of the 2012 figures to 1500 off. So we're closing the gap, perhaps not fast enough though. Still, we've seen from the earlier figures that a large jump is possible. Still, next week will be important if we want to keep in touch at all with last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much our fixture will influence people to not re-sign or not become members.
I was talking to my parents the other day and they are not going to become members this year due to there being too many Saturday & Sunday twilight games. I tried to talk them around, but money is tight for them, so if they are not going to get their $$$ worth, they are not going to pay to become members.
I don't attend many games myself and I keep my membership so I am financially supporting the club rather than getting value, but it made me wonder about how many others feel the same as my parents, & how it negatively effects the membership numbers.
It looks like a double edged sword, we end up with reduced membership revenue as well as reduced attendance numbers at games. Then we are kept down and having to suck at the AFL's proverbial teat as we cant get the returns at Etihad that we need to sustain ourselves.

Love the graph. Hope there will be an increase on last year's figures. The club can sell hope moreso this year now that a lot of the youngsters are blooded, and performances will only boost the figures. Hopefully we can grab some early wins!
I signed up to a Bulldogs for Life membership when it started along with my Dad, who has supported the club for all of his 48 years, and we think it's a fantastic initiative. Can't wait for 2013 and beyond. Will be there at Etihad in Round 1, hopefully 40,000 other Doggies supporters are too!

Officially beginning my 7th consecutive year of being a member meaning first game I attended as a member was our 115 point win over Richmond, Fun Times!!

Adelaide - NP
Brisbane - 12,493
Carlton - 26,810
Collingwood - NP
Essendon - 31,369
Fremantle - NP
Geelong - 19,883
Gold Coast - 6,714
GWS - 6,179
Hawthorn - 41,871
Melbourne - 20,145
North Melbourne - 18,203
Port Adelaide - 14,826
Richmond - 28,889
St Kilda - 20,715
Sydney - 16,000 (5 days ago)
West Coast - 44,513
Western Bulldogs - 15,970
Adelaide - NP
Brisbane - 13,953
Carlton - 33,051
Collingwood -NP
Essendon - 40,767
Fremantle - 20,000 in November
Geelong - 29,259
Gold Coast - 8,187
GWS - 8,442
Hawthorn - 47,568
Melbourne - 22,503
North Melbourne - 21,869
Port Adelaide - 23,278
Richmond - 37,980
St Kilda - 24,511
Sydney - 20,000 (6 Jan)
West Coast - 44,443
Western Bulldogs - 18,635

Now since last I did this the eagles have lost about 60 members so I imagine they made a mistake. Not really any change in the make up of the melbourne clubs, however Port have overtaken us and that leaves us only above Brisbane, Gold Coast and the Giants. Adelaide will likely be above us as well. So they are dire results really. Not good at all. Can we expect more after last season and the predictions for this? We had a lot of good press early and that did seem to help us go up fast, but we've lost momentum as the harsh reality sinks in.

We had a lot of good press early and that did seem to help us go up fast, but we've lost momentum as the harsh reality sinks in.

The harsh reality of herald sun expert's predictions? I really don't understand the rationale of not signing up because of how your team is expected to go. Your team's your team, and you support them through thick and thin. Anyway, glad I'm not Simon Garlick. Massive NAB cup needed!

The harsh reality of herald sun expert's predictions? I really don't understand the rationale of not signing up because of how your team is expected to go. Your team's your team, and you support them through thick and thin. Anyway, glad I'm not Simon Garlick. Massive NAB cup needed!

Absolutely. Whether our team is doing good or bad people should still sign up. Richmond and Collingwood are examples where there supporters keep signing up each year regardless of how they are doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back