Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok hadn't heard that, have been a little out of the loop with grade cricket this season.

From what I knew of him that seems strange.

Team for this week.
OUT: C.Green (knee),
IN: L.Connor, J.Richardson.
Alcohol.Think Again Western Warriors squad: Adam Voges (c), Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Hilton Cartwright, Josh Inglis, Michael Klinger, Simon Mackin, David Moody, Liam O’Connor, Jhye Richardson, D’Arcy Short, Ashton Turner, Jonathan Wells

Interesting to see what selection we go with. I'd expect Victoria to pick the two spinners.
I'd be backing a direct swap of O'Connor for Green. Turner to bowl plenty of overs too.

Based on what? Do you watch him bowl in the futures league or in grade cricket?

I can sort of see both of your points, but I think his tight action is more a product to suit the T20 environment he's bowling in. The times I've seen him in grade cricket it doesn't look quite so hurried.

On appearances, yes he does appear a short form spinner, but if the success of O'Keefe in the face of us all thinking at some point throughout his career that he could only succeed in the shorter formats then the eye is often misguided.

On appearances, yes he does appear a short form spinner, but if the success of O'Keefe in the face of us all thinking at some point throughout his career that he could only succeed in the shorter formats then the eye is often misguided.
I'll never understand where that perception of O'Keefe came from. It's not like it was an uncommon line you'd hear about him either.

Statistics clearly showed otherwise, but I can see why as his signature bowling is accurate with a relatively flat trajectory traditionally skills primarily suited to limited overs spinners. However obviously with the successes of Herath and Jadeja (and SOK domestic record) I guess this perception will change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Writing was on the wall but still very sad. Sport is wonderful and horribly sad at the same time. He has gone from the form his life to retired due to bad form in the space of 12 months.

Has certainly done well. Has been sad to see him drop away this season. I reckon the head knocks have contributed. From my own personal experience having repeated knocks takes the edge off you and playing at the level he does that has huge impacts.

Has certainly done well. Has been sad to see him drop away this season. I reckon the head knocks have contributed. From my own personal experience having repeated knocks takes the edge off you and playing at the level he does that has huge impacts.

Yeah an incident like that so late in your career would have a big impact on the way you approach the game.

Fantastic career from Voges, many great highlights in all forms of the game at both international and domestic level (lets not forget his brilliant final day of the season innings for Nottinghamshire that won them the title). Will always be fun to watch mouthbreathers scramble to try denigrate his well deserved record.

Interesting ho WA structure up next year for the shield season. Good chance they will have both Marsh bros for a majority of the season. cartwright could be in and out of the season as well.

Im wondering who gets the captaincy. Would like them to give it to Shaun or even Mitch and overlook klinger.
so this is my best XI

1.Bancroft
2.S.Marsh (C)
3.Cartwright
4.M.Marsh
5.Turner
6.Klinger
7. Whitemen
8.Agar
9. Berendorff
10. Mackin
11. Paris

Emergency: Wells, Moody, NCN, Green, Inglis, Tye, Short, Richardosn

My selection notes
- Its pretty hard fitting every one in and Shaun Might have to open in order fit some quality in.
- could flip a coin between wells and bangers but bangers has more upside and is younger so i went with him instead.
- Klinger IMO has to bat at 6 as guys like Mitch and Turner are at a time in their careers they need to bat high up the order to develop their batting.

WA had good depth and could really be a chance for a shield if players can stay fit.

Maybe but I can see shauns international career coming to an end and mitch could possibly spend next year playing for WA. Cartwrights the only one that could be playing for Aus or being picked for sqauds. Other that, the rest seem to stay fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back