What are some of your personally favourite things fans say when you go to the footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
You can't beat when a free kick is paid within the first few minutes- "He's been doing it all day ump!!"

Or the all time classic when a player is tackled after having the ball for 0.00000001 seconds- "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

There's nothing better than going to the footy and being near a frustrated stand-up comedian who is gonna use all of his material.

But tbh I'd be happy in a whole bay of them if it meant going to the footy atm.
God a few years ago at Lions v Pies at the Gabba we had one bloke a few seats down shouting "Hot Pies! Get ya hot pies!" every time they did something. Every time he did it he'd look around for anyone reacting.

When two players start pushing each other being tough guys and someone yells “you’re my hero number (insert jumper number of player)!” Is definitely the best. I laugh every time.

As for best calls, Cameron Bruce in one of his handful games for Hawthorn ends up in a dust-up. Mate of mine calls out

"Cam Bruce has gone mad. Cam Bruce has gone mad. CAM BRUCE HAS GONE COMPLETELY MAD"

Here's the reference for younger and non-Victorian types. Better days I tells ya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One i heard at the footy a few years back was an opposition supporter talking about/abusing Bryce Gibbs and he said " Your so scared of the pack Gibbs you don't even play cards "....

Must admit i did chuckle at it! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back