What are your favourite sports movies/documentaries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was living in Scotland at the time of Hillsborough and watched it live on TV. At the time, first reactions were “those bloody Liverpool morons are at it again”, but slowly the real scene emerged. I remember the fans using advertising signs as stretchers and that’s when you knew it was real and very bad.
The state of Scottish grounds (never went to a game in England) were disgraceful. Penned in like sardines, crumbling terraces, and angry, angry crowds. If the tragedy of Hillsborough didn’t happen, it simply would have eventually happened somewhere else. I still get chills thinking about it.
Walking around a lot of grounds you can see how bottlenecks can happen in tiny little streets around stadiums

The whole thing was just sick

Baseball: A League of Their Own and Major League

Football: Invincible, Rudy and The Replacements

Random bump as I just stumbled across Icarus on Netflix, not even aware it won ana academy award this week.. loved it, the filmmakers struck an absolute goldmile and it was gripping I felt.

Have also just watched the 3 part 30 for 30 on the Celtics and Lakers and that was fantastic.

Also over xmas I watched the Buffalo Bills 30 for 30 and thought that was great as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back