What grinds your gears - partner edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Food shopping - a ******* one person job. She will say, just need a few things then 50 items later out we walk. Does my head in.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
My workaround for this was that I now do all the shopping and pay for it myself - not the most cost effective solution for myself but hey, no more dumb arguments.
"Put it on the list honey and I will get it"

'Ive been so busy today - Ive done 4 loads of washing' - um no, the washing machine has done all the work, you did 20 mins of loading, unloading and hanging out the washing - now the air is doing the drying :tearsofjoy: (and you've watched 5 episodes of your shitty tv show - thanks Netflix haha)
Literally my day today. With the show being the punisher

Same with why I don't put her clothes away but I put everyone else's away......why? Because she complains how I do it every time.

Apparently I fold them 'wrong', it's not wrong, it's just I fold them differently. I don't complain how she does it, I appreciate it gets done
This wold be near the top of lots of guys 'first world' hates for partners. Really you either want my (your guys) help or you want it done your way. Pick one and don't complain afterwards.

Same with any partner. Once the job is over I need my sleep. Don't snore, touch, breathe on me, watch netflix etc. Let me sleep dam it. (Why if I'm ever in another r/ship I'd consider separate rooms).

<step 1>

Me: Suggests idea
Her: Loves idea
Me: Makes plans around idea
Her: Changes mind at last minute and suggests something else
Me: FFFUUU

<step 2>

Me: Asks what she'd like to do
Her: Tells me she is happy to do whatever I suggest

<process returns to the beginning of step 1>

Me:
Her: You don't show any initiative
Me: dies alone

:moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This wold be near the top of lots of guys 'first world' hates for partners. Really you either want my (your guys) help or you want it done your way. Pick one and don't complain afterwards.

It's actually quite simple I often 'suggest' to her:
If it has a collar, it's on a hanger - if it doesn't, it's folded in a draw...

My ex had this weird quirk, not just with me but her family, etc. as well. Last I heard she was still doing it long after I was gone.

When you made advance plans with her - such as "in five weeks time we will go to the blah blah show you want to see". Unless you continually reinforced those plans with her over the intervening time, she would assume that you've changed your mind and make other plans. She wouldn't ask, or confirm. She was certain that if it wasn't discussed regularly - it wasn't happening.

Once I got the rhythm of it it was pretty easy to manage (every Wednesday and Saturday) - but it used to hack off her in-laws when they'd find out she'd just booked a weekend away on the same night that had a party organised for weeks.

ETA: Ties are s**t. Even stopped wearing them for job interviews now. Jeans, boots, shirt, sports jacket.

Same with any partner. Once the job is over I need my sleep. Don't snore, touch, breathe on me, watch netflix etc. Let me sleep dam it. (Why if I'm ever in another r/ship I'd consider separate rooms).
Spot on. If you want to watch tv while I'm trying to sleep, go and watch it in the lounge room. And the don't touch me is big. I get hot at night, rarely use the doona and she wants to 'snuggle'.....not a chance.

Spot on. If you want to watch tv while I'm trying to sleep, go and watch it in the lounge room. And the don't touch me is big. I get hot at night, rarely use the doona and she wants to 'snuggle'.....not a chance.

Id like to snuggle maybe 15-30 mins then gtf away from me i wanna sleep not touching either

I beg to differ.
According to the original patent :
View attachment 781169
Impressive, how does the toilet roll there work? There is nothing connecting it to thr wall etc.

Would it not work if it was the other way? If it's the otherway around you can't wipe your ass?

I'm glad things never change or can't be edited in your life for things that don't matter haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back